New song for you to mix! (with DI track pack)

Luk

New Metal Member
May 9, 2009
Hello!

Me and my friend are currently working on this song. :) This is early beta version on song (there will be solo and rythm background guitar in some parts). We have another DI, maybe better, but i want you to check tracks from this recording session.

Please mix it, i want to know how much can be squeezed from this tracks.

All info about tempo is in the txt file inside the pack.

One request, if you put mix on some soundcloud/other music upload sites, please disable download options, i don't want to share a lot this song, on that level of work. Thanks :)

So this is my reference (which is not good):
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17050685/2c.mp3

And here is DI track pack:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/17050685/2c song.7z

Thank you very much :)

Hi Luk, could you tell us what guitars and bass did you use to record this song? And what interface or DI box did you use to capture those DI's? And thanks for sharing the song :)

Hi Luk, could you tell us what guitars and bass did you use to record this song? And what interface or DI box did you use to capture those DI's? And thanks for sharing the song :)

I use Line 6 Pod Studio GX, but not through PodFarm. I record in Reaper using free amp sims, usually from LePou or TSE. Before Pod, i have real stomp noise gate plugged. The bass is just bass recorded, also on Pod, but without noise gate. Later i put comps and eqs on it :)

I could tell they were active just by looking at the waveform..... It's huge.

Not an active bass? The waveform is rather small there. What kind of bass?

Well the bass i use is Peavey Grind 5 with stock pickups, which as you noticed are pretty weak.

You think that waveform of guitars is too big? What should i do? Reduce input on Pod?

I don't think you can reduce the input...I could be wrong. People tend to use line in or pad input for active pickups. I don't think Studio GX has that option? Instrument only.

Still sounds good...I wouldn't sweat the details.

The guitar DI's are touching 0db all the time, looks like you put something after these probably a limiter. The pure DI most be below -6 to avoid distortion and yeah the studio gx only has instrument input.

That is why I automated the volume on the guitar track...it looks like a roller-coaster.