New Song Ideas?

A story about angelic beings that attack the Earth and all that stands between them and mankind are huge battle robots that are actually made of the cloned tissue of the first man and eventually break free and have to feed... ...oh, wait, that's been done already. :D
Whoa, whoa, whoa! By whom?

Oh, they should focus more on imagery than content. Titles like Candlelight Fantasia, Smoke and Mirrors, and The Accolade, they evoke imagery. A concept album just wouldn't work with Symphony X. Hell, even DT blew their concept album with unfitting music, bad hooks, wanking, and...it wasn't that good a story anyway. If I hear "Victoria's depp in side me" or "Hello, Victoria" or "VICTORIAAAAAAAA!!!" one more time, I will personally call up Desmond Child and send him over to the DT boys for a lyrical spanking.

I would hate for that to happen to SymX. That's why they should get back to imagery.

How about a huge epic song about six different people with mental problems? That would be cool.
Hahaha... since it's worked SO well in the past.

I'm very fond of the mythological stuff. Wooh! I also think they could expand upon "The Relic." Dante's "Inferno" would be another cool one.

Haha.. A song about Family Guy. Or a whole concept album about that episode where Peter gets lipo.

But seriously, I like the Poe idea. Symphony X (well actually, the Dark Chapter mostly) have made some really cool Horror influenced songs. That's good stuff.

[QUOTE='Shuggah]
Maybe an epic in the style of 1984 taking a look at mind control, subdual of individuality and creativity - with a real world setting? That might be too political, though. [/QUOTE]Uhh, ever heard of Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime?

@anonymousnick2001; I was referring to Neon Genesis Evangelion. A very violent and dark mecha-anime. One of the best series I've seen, though the ending is a bit confusing (especially since there are three different endings in existence). :D

@Dado-X; Nope. (Yeah, I know, I'm uncivilized. :p )

An italian band called The Black Jester has an album called The Divine Comedy, that - at least as far as I know - is a concept album based on the book with the same name. In accordance to italian prog-metal tradition (imho, based on two albums) the sounds are awful, but the music isn't that bad, actually. Then again, I don't still think that the album should be even among mid-price records. :D

How about either Dan Simmons' Hyperion or Tad Williams' Otherland saga?

How about a huge epic song about six different people with mental problems? That would be cool.<<<<<BEEN DONE ... GO SOMEPLACE ELSE.... How about what its like to have to deal with the guys in Blind Guardian for a whole tour ..:p .... J/K mike.

But seriously.
Clash of the titans...
The Raven

So many classics ... too much to list.....

From what i heard from lepond, the BG guys were awesome to them on tour, despite problems. Shit happens, and i'm sure the Guardians didn't want that to happen.

As far as dante's inferno... Iced earth did it. You can't top that song, and symX shouldn't try IMO

They could totally pull off an epic based on the episode where peter becomes a knight. OH! there's accolade III right there!