New song on my page, recorded live when I was 13.

Det Som Engang Var

Viking Bastard
Jun 3, 2005
Houston, TX
myspace.com/empiricmetal

It's called Morphine Drip. It's kinda nu-metalish but I was young. The singer is really good though. Sorry for the shitty quality. Most of it was live, Rob layered his vocals after words and we added the harmonies.

I'm about to slap vocals on another folk metal song and put that up in a few days, then as soon as Dan is done with the cover, that's it. That's the demo.

ok what do you mean when you say "thats the demo"...you have a pretty cohesive sound going with the two folk metal songs, i dont understand the inclusion of a song thats like 6 years old, written by someone else, with some other person singing and completely stylistically different and quite inferior to your 'current' songs in production/riffs/songwriting/everything. also, faithfully covering a song by a very high profile band that only came out a few months ago....? on a 'demo'? a demo for who? even if its just for you and your friends it seems all over the place and really just "heres a cdr of some songs i played on" im honestly not trying to be a jerk here, i just dont know/understand you plans for this 'demo'

:confused:

I did the guitar on that track. The bassist wrote it. I'm glad you think it's inferior to my stuff. :)

Also, I don't really have any plans with it. It's just different shit recorded over the years. I know it's all over the place, but that's intentional. If I ever make a real album I want it filled with different genres and bullshit.

The Alice In Chains song DID come out recently, but I felt an emotional connection to it right away. I knew I wanted to cover it, and there's no way I could let Dan's vocals go to waste.

The demo will basically just be for fun, and maybe help me get back into a real band.