New song!!

warsofwinter

In memory of Chuck
May 2, 2001
Corner Brook Canada
www.warsofwinter.cjb.net
hey , wars of winter just released a new song which we thought would be nice to put on the cd , so check it out here http://listen.to/wars , the song is called "Her Black Portrait" , If you like stuff like vintersorg or borknagar then you will like this , has many folk elements , opethness , vintersorg sounds and borknagar riffs combined into one song (shitty explanation , I know , but I'm writting this as it comes , oh yeah were like #4 on the progressive metal charts , that's pertty cool

Originally posted by warsofwinter
wars of winter just released a new song, check it out

Here's my honest opinion:
The acoustics were pretty cool (good sound in them), but nothing very original, and the same theme in the beginning is repeated too many times, as well as the distorted riffs throughout the song.. I'd suggest you create more variation.

This song is clearly better than any of your previous songs (which, to be honest, I definately didn't like. Don't hate me for speaking out my personal opinion. :))

Also, some more drum action would be preferable.

oh yeah were like #4 on the progressive metal charts , that's pertty cool

That is cool, I just don't get it how they construct the charts.. on some other charts there are songs with 100 listens on first place, and songs with 450 listens on, say, 50th place. :mad:

Mp3.com sucks. ;)

P.S. IMO, honest, accurate feedback is the most constructive feedback. What value does a feedback line like "yeah I liked it" hold? None whatsoever.

My $0.02.

Well here's my opinion:
I really like what you are doing. I am drawn to heavy, melodic, emotional music (though not goth), specifically that within the deat/black realm. A couple minor complaints though....1)The acoustic intro is REALLy long and REALLY nice, though the length was testing even my patience, so I would suggest a laid back drum beat as a pick up during the second phase of the acoustics, drum vs.acoutic dynamics are always appealing to me. 2)When the electric comes in over the acoustic, it appears to be tuned slightly differently, creating a kind of unintentional sounding dissonance, though the contrast of electric melody with the acoustics is quite nice. 3)The clean vocals have got to go, or be more on key.
I really like this though, it sounds like very mature songwriting...how old are you guys? I know, as a 19 yr old, that it is VERY hard to find people my age who can play their intruments emotionally like that (I still feel alone in that regard at my college!). I say "Bravo", though it could be cleaned up (though give yourselves credit!) very very nice, indeed. And great band name! Also the guitar work near 6;55 or so was killer
-Jeff (aka Sadistik)
note-This was all in reference to Her blank portrait.

Thanks for the compliments and the not so complimenting compliments (haha) / Ok so a few things need to be changed I see, well once we get in an actual studio they well change , could add some drums to the clean parts , tune the guitars a bit better , tune the vocals (if thats possible) , and change some other things , like shorten the long acoustic intro . Anyway yeah as for my age i'm 14, but you wouldn't know it .

14...wow....now I'm REALLY impressed...keep it up and fix a ew things and you guys got a long and bright future (I like the sound of the growl vox on Her portrait better than on the others, btw-don't know why, they just sound less forced...)

Originally posted by Sadistik
14...wow....now I'm REALLY impressed...keep it up and fix a ew things and you guys got a long and bright future (I like the sound of the growl vox on Her portrait better than on the others, btw-don't know why, they just sound less forced...)

Yeah Till Fjalls (Rick Massie), our singer is getting quite better with the whole vocal thing , the vocals are twice as good now as they are on "Her Blank Portrait" , I discovered this when we were "rehearsing" , I think the recording device's we use has some kind of bad effect on Till's vocals . But that'll change if/when were in a profesional studio . The clean vocals need some improvement but if you compare them to The Epiphany (non-remix version) then they are alot better .