New Song?

Red Shirt

Aug 1, 2002
Huntington Beach, Ca, USA
Visit site
If The Iron Maidens were to play a new maiden song, what would be your pick?

Sooo many great songs, but right now I'm on a "The Prisoner" kick. That's it, my pick is The Prisoner. The drums & guiter in the intro when cranked up to 11 just kicks major ass!!!

I've been listening alot to the first album. Hey, on the back Dave Murray is wearing a RED SHIRT! Prowler is great, and Remember Tomorrow actually reminds me of yesterday, go figure....Phantom Of The Opera kicks too....

The Prisoner is a great song-it's got a chorus that sticks in your head and classic lyrics. Was this song inspired by a book or movie?

The song is based on a '60s TV series "The Prisoner" which occasionally makes an appearance on the Sci Fi Channel's roster. It is about a secret agent that resigns from the service - no reason given. He is forced to stay in "The Village" which is occupied mostly by people working for his former employer, and he is referred to as #6. They are constantly asking #6 why he resigned, which he refuses to answer of course. #2 is the second highest ranked member of the community (I don't remember now if #1 ever made an appearance - at least not until the last episode or two).

It had a very odd take, which is part of its charm. I still remember those giant beach ball thingies chasing Patrick MgGowan (the guy who played #6) around the beach...

Originally posted by Bruce Chickinson
Hey Mini....for our next "short term shirt" we should do our version of the infamous "Red Shirt."

I like that idea. My favorite color.

Red Shirt, thanks for the update on the DVD. Sounds like cool stuff.

My wish for a new song to do would be... Where Eagles Dare or Sea of Madness. After I heard Chickinson sing Madness with Prototype last April, I was like, "Holy s*** we have to do that song!" I thought it was the real Bruce singing.

Speaking of "The Prisoner" (see beginning of thread), can someone remember in which video Bruce (male version ;)) mimics the TV series? You can see him running in a village (the real one from the series) chased off by those giant balls!

Was it in "Day in a life" on the Rock in Rio DVD? I don't have it right now so I can't check.

Originally posted by matcauthron
Speaking of "The Prisoner" (see beginning of thread), can someone remember in which video Bruce (male version ;)) mimics the TV series? You can see him running in a village (the real one from the series) chased off by those giant balls!

The weirdest thing happened right when I was reading this post- "Prisoner" came on on my player as I was listening to a bunch of different cds... :)

!!!

Anyways, about the video in question, does it have interviews with him (and others) about the song? He does it on The Number of the Beast DVD, where he was running around in a village.

Yes! You're right, I remember it, now. I had forgotten that DVD. It's a very good one, by the way!

The funny thing is that I had seen the whole series "The Prisoner" as a DVD boxset just a week before!! So when I was Bruce with dark shades being chased by a big white ball...

Looks like you're not the only one haunted by that song ;)