New songs for the set list.

Paxoman

Sep 10, 2002
A stranger in a strange land!
Visit site
Just read the message from Biff that Vince sent out on the mailing list. No doubt it will be on the site shortly. Biff wants us to choose 5 or 6 new songs for the set list for the shows in December! The songs with most votes get the nod.

Biff mentioned Stallions of the highways, which I second. But my shout is See the light shining. Oh, and Stand up and be counted!

Well...Rock the Nations...Travellers in time....Song of evil...Backs to the Wall....Never surrender...(although the last two were played back on the "Killing Ground" tour)...Rock'n Roll Gypsy...Great White Buffalo.....Frozen Rainbow....Crash Dive...and please don't laugh at me, I'd also at one point love to hear "Hold on" live as well...

Unfortunately there's no UK dates as yet but if/when they do play I'd like to hear anything of the massively under-rated 'Unleash The Beast' album - preferably 'Circle Of Light', 'Terminal Velocity or 'Thin Red Line'. Plus, I've never heard 'All Guns Blazing' off 'Metalhead' live. As for the older songs, let's have the mighty 'Machine Gun' and 'Broken Heroes'.

What can you say there all good, for myself Hungary years would be cool.
Now they just need to tour the USA so I can hear all those great songs.

Saxon still the best

Paxoman said:
Just read the message from Biff that Vince sent out on the mailing list. No doubt it will be on the site shortly. Biff wants us to choose 5 or 6 new songs for the set list for the shows in December! The songs with most votes get the nod.

Biff mentioned Stallions of the highways, which I second. But my shout is See the light shining. Oh, and Stand up and be counted!

Top 5 gotta be;

1. Midnight Rider
2. Militia Guard
3. All Guns Blazing
4. Play it Loud
5. Big Teaser

Oh yeah, I thought Hold on wasnt a bad song either, good riff.

Black Lagoon said:
I'd like to hear,
Rock the Nations
Red Alert
Play it Loud
Iron Wheels
Sea of Life
My god, how could I have forgotten Sea of Life! That is one of my favourite Saxon songs! So for me -

Sea of Life.
See the light shining.
Song of evil.
Judgement day.
Stand up and be counted.
Cut out the disease.

my top five for the next shows:

1. Play it Loud
2. Rockin' Again
3. Devil Rides Out
4. Rock the Nations
5. Empty Promises
(6. Everybody up)

that's not all, but it should be only 5-6

My top 6

1. Takin' your chances
2. To Hell and back again
3. Stand up and be counted
4. Hungry Years
5. Unleash the Beast
6. Watching the Sky

mine would be,, Hungry years,, just for the up beat drumming!,, fire in the sky, warrior, still fit to boogie, to hell and back again, midnight rider,,, and erm jus cos i like it , sailing to america,, and im glad Biff said stallions of the highway,,, i love that song,,,, and two 'B' sides,,, Krakatoa and the instrumental 'Chase the fade' (just to give biff a rest,,,lol) and speaking of singles,,, does anyone think now that SAXON are back big time,, for some time now,, they should release singles in the UK again,,,, id love to see them on Top of the Pops again!!!!! and watch the crowd who ave no idea of heavy metal trying to dance to the songs like in the earlier years,,, soo funny! lol

turn out the lights
sea of life
suzie hold on
machine gun
militia guard

Every other song would also do.

Frozen Rainbow
Sea of Life
Gonna Shout
Forever Free
Coming Home
and
Lights in the Sky :headbang:

WILKS said:
It's good to see that all albums are being covered.It just goes to show they are not a one trick pony.
Yeah good to see such a variation of songs. Lot's of 'new' stuff, as well as the old stuff. And even stuff from the so called 'dodgie' era!

Nice to see 'Sea of life' get so many of votes. Biff, you know what to do!

Is it possible - as Biff suggested - to put some sort of poll on here?

That's as in a vote - not a barge pole before anyone tries to be funny! :Smug: