New songs for the set list.

Just to be going on with, this is how it stands -

Sea of Life - 5 votes.

Rock the Nations/Hungary Years - 4 votes each

Play it loud/Frozen Rainbow/Militia Guard/Suzy hold on - 3 votes each.

There are quite a few songs on 2 and 1 vote. The idea is to vote for 5 or 6 songs, but some people have voted for 8-10 songs! And some people have voted for songs that were included on the last tour, so we might as well discard those songs seeing as this is all about bringing new songs to the setlist.

If we do a poll, everybody needs to only give maybe 5 songs...and don't forget to include "Stallions.." if you want that one included as well.Think most of the board folks that already voted forgot that one since Biff already mentioned it in his posting...

WILKS said:
Er at this risk of sounding dim do you want to vote again with 5 new set list songs or are you happy with what we got.
Might as well stick with what we have I suppose Wilks. If it comes to doing a poll, then we can always just count the first 5 or 6 songs of those people who have put down a shed load of songs.

I dont want to sound defeatist but wouldnt it be a better idea to pick songs that no ones ever heard them do live before? I mean 'Killing ground?' lets pick something that will challenge em a bit for gods sake, something like 'Watching the Sky', 'Militia Guard', 'Out of Control', know what I mean?

macc189 said:
I dont want to sound defeatist but wouldnt it be a better idea to pick songs that no ones ever heard them do live before? I mean 'Killing ground?' lets pick something that will challenge em a bit for gods sake, something like 'Watching the Sky', 'Militia Guard', 'Out of Control', know what I mean?
Totally agree Macc. The whole idea of this is to get Saxon playing songs live that they haven't played for many years, or never at all.

I have never heard Saxon play do it all for you,kracatoa(?),ain't no angel or6th form girls and they would be great to hear live.How about some guide lines or are we all just getting a little to anal now?:D

My five songs are:

* All Hell Breaking Lose
* Altar Of The Gods
* Suzie Hold On
* See The Light Shining
* Great White Buffalo

OK, voting seems to have come to an end, so here are the results. These are the top 10 -

Frozen Rainbow - 6 votes.

Sea Of Life, Suzie Hold On - 5 votes

Rock The Nations, Hungry Years - 4 votes

Stand Up And Be Counted, Militia Guard, Great White "Biffalo" :lol:, Play it Loud, Midnight Rider - 3 votes.

So that is the top 10 of votes. Seeing as Biff already mentioned playing Stallions Of The Highway, I suppose we will have to come up with the other 5 songs!

I could do a poll, and you could vote for the 5 songs that you want to hear. I have never done a poll on here before though, so don't know if you can set it up like that. I'll try and suss it out!

OK, I can't even find the link to the poll, let alone set it up! :lol:

Just write your top 5 here. Seeing as the tour starts in less than a month, this is probably too late as the band would have started rehearsing by now. But what the hell, it'll be interesting anyway.

Out of the 10 songs listed above, my top 5 are -

Sea Of Life

Stand Up And Be Counted

Rock The Nations

Suzie Hold On

Frozen Rainbow

WILKS said:
O.K. Pax heres mine(We won't get to see them anyway).
1Frozen Rainbow
2 Sea Of Life
3 Rock The Nations
4 Suzie Hold On
5 Hungry Years

Wow thats some belters.
Yeah we probably won't get to hear them Wilks, and probably wouldn't have gpt to hear them even if the poll was done 3 months ago! But like I said, it will be interesting to see what 5 songs everyone picks.

Like you say, some real belters in there!

WILKS said:
Yeah Rock the Nations gets my vote.Fire in the sky,Freeway Mad,Milita Gaurd and I think it would be great to hear Suzie Hold On.
\
Agreed one hundred percent with Suzie Hold On.I totally forgot about that song until I seen the video on the Chronicles dvd.Suzie is a great classic.

What songs are going to be played for sure (apart from this poll)?

My choice:

Song Of Evil
Burning Wheels
Circle Of Light
Big Twin Rolling
Ministry Of Fools