New Sounds From Esdegy Recording

HippieOfDoom

The 13th Monkey
Feb 12, 2002
Golden State
www.stevedigiorgio.com
I'm tracking a new Testament song, and using a passive bass. It's been a while since I haven't used active pickups or at least active circuitry. This is a total passive system and I think there are some advantages, but clearly some things I miss with the active sounds. Any thoughts or opinions on the differences?
Anybody care to venture a guess to what kind of bass I'm recording with?
SDG

20160204_194204-jpg.3944
Digging in...

Attachments

• 20160204_194204.jpg
    705 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: The_Abyss
I know, right...? Hard guess. Friggen Ric sounds awesome.
As soon as I'm allowed to, I'll post the song. It's sounding really heavy. This band has not lost any steps, plus...holy crap, Gene is the King...!
Awaiting Alex's shredness, and we'll mix it. The idea is to release it for the tour kick-off... which is less than 2 weeks out. So, feel the snake brotherhood!
SDG

I'm tracking a new Testament song, and using a passive bass. It's been a while since I haven't used active pickups or at least active circuitry. This is a total passive system and I think there are some advantages, but clearly some things I miss with the active sounds. Any thoughts or opinions on the differences?
Anybody care to venture a guess to what kind of bass I'm recording with?
SDG

Steve, would you mind explaining a bit more about the advantages and things you miss about active basses?
Personally, I've been using passive ones for some time now (Epi Thunderbird and EB-3), really don't miss active EQ/preamp stuff... still got a Spector fretless with active piezo, though.

Thanks! First time posting here :)

Steve! :) God I can't wait for the new Testament! I was wondering because I just watched this video. Which is killer by the way.
Do you prefer playing with effects or just straight? Sorry if this was already posted. By the way we all have nothing but love for you on the Testament forum!

The Rick is killer Steve

Hoping that the ''bass'' mix will be better then The Gathering :)

Yes! I really hope it's more prominent. There were a few parts on The Gathering where it really shined through and I'm hoping that it's like that entirely on the the new album. And where is the single?!!!