New Style=Rape Core!

Dude I'm totally loving that mic preamp! I prefer it over my adl600 right now for dir guitars. It adds beef but not to much color to the sound of the dir tracks. I used on bass and vocals as well on this track, and it sounded great on everything. I did not have Auteur when tracking drums for this band, but I just used on overheads today for a different band and it sounds amazing there as well!

I would say buy this preamp if your looking for a great budget 2 channel preamp. I almost thought about buying another pair, but i think I'm going to go with the Api 3124 next for more flavors.

dude lmao :lol::lol::lol:
52's are hardly enough for B hahaha

Yea dude Ive had people come in with drop A tunning with like 46's. The bands are always like..... "its so easy to play though, and feels great". Then I'm like.... yea but it sounds like complete SHIT and you sound out of tune every time you hit the strings! They realize pretty quick when they do scratch guitars and it sounds like ass.

Its funny cause to run 70's on a 6 string, you usually have to drill out the tunning peg to make it fit. People start getting real worried when you got the drill out and your drilling shit on there guitar. :lol:

Then they thank you after you record them and it sounds great though.

dude lmao :lol::lol::lol:
52's are hardly enough for B hahaha

Huh?
Meshuggah used to use 52s on their Ibanez Universe guitars tuned to Bb, sounded fine.
It's just about having the technique to do it.
Personally I use 56 because I push 52 out of tune, but 52 will work fine if you don't pick way too hard.

[UEAK]Clowd;8942348 said:
wow this sounds fantastic, especially for that tuning.

mind sharing what you're using in podfarm??

I'm using the Mesa Emulation:

Gain 80%

Bass: 40%

Mids: 40%

Highs and Presence: 80%

This along with the Tube Screamer, Trendplate cab and U87 mic.

Plugins that follow pod farm are:

q4- 12k low pass
c4 -Covers everything from 100hz down. So I'm just controlling the very bottom end with the c4 and the rest are bypassed.

great work wickman.
i like specially the low end in this mix. you´re using your common bass chain?
i refer to sansamp, eq, limiter, c4.
do you use cab sim after sansamp?

could you give more info about bass?

Dude I'm totally loving that mic preamp! I prefer it over my adl600 right now for dir guitars. It adds beef but not to much color to the sound of the dir tracks. I used on bass and vocals as well on this track, and it sounded great on everything. I did not have Auteur when tracking drums for this band, but I just used on overheads today for a different band and it sounds amazing there as well!

I would say buy this preamp if your looking for a great budget 2 channel preamp. I almost thought about buying another pair, but i think I'm going to go with the Api 3124 next for more flavors.

Thanks Joshua. I am definitely very interested, even if I do need just one channel. That extra "beef" is exactly what I am looking for, Countryman 85 here too. Too bad about the price rise [used to be $325 one year ago] and the AC power. I was wondering about euro voltage, if I locate an used one on evilbay. Direct price is $495 now...

A.

great work wickman.
i like specially the low end in this mix. you´re using your common bass chain?
i refer to sansamp, eq, limiter, c4.
do you use cab sim after sansamp?

could you give more info about bass?

Bass chain was this:

Uad Preflex amp sim with cab turned off.

Rbass on at 50hz just a little bit though to add some beef and harmonics.

C4 to hold below 100hz down.

q6 with some crazy eq mainly a huge 1.5k boost to get some mids in the bass track and then some cuts here and there. This boost was cause the bass was kind off dull and needed it. I normally do not boost much here.

C4 then holding down the 1.5 area and keeping it from getting to crazy after the boost.

Then sent to a buss and that had a l1 on it only taking off like 1-2db peaks and keeping the bass under control.

Thanks Joshua. I am definitely very interested, even if I do need just one channel. That extra "beef" is exactly what I am looking for, Countryman 85 here too. Too bad about the price rise [used to be $325 one year ago] and the AC power. I was wondering about euro voltage, if I locate an used one on evilbay. Direct price is $495 now...

A.

Yea i paid 495.00 from gear orphanage on ebay for it. It shipped from Black Lion Audio to my house. Not sure about the power thing but give Black Lion Audio a call, there super cool dudes!

I'm using the Mesa Emulation:

Gain 80%

Bass: 40%

Mids: 40%

Highs and Presence: 80%

This along with the Tube Screamer, Trendplate cab and U87 mic.

Plugins that follow pod farm are:

q4- 12k low pass
c4 -Covers everything from 100hz down. So I'm just controlling the very bottom end with the c4 and the rest are bypassed.

80 per cent gain? That's A LOT:zombie:

And there are several Mesa emulations on POD Farm, not just one dude:lol:
Which one did you use specifically, out of curiosity?

Sounds very nice, Joshua. Guitars are wonderful, but I'm curious about the drums.... was the snare a blend, replacement, or natural?

(I'm guessing one of the first two, but not making assumptions.)