New Suspyre album pre-announcement

GreggSuspyre

May 31, 2005
New Jersey
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone,

As a band that played Chicago PowerFest 2007, I thought you'd be interested in this.

Suspyre launched a KickStarter to help get our new album released. We wanted to try to do this one without a label to see how it goes. Since the industry has changed so much over the past few years, mostly due to the shift to digital music, we are trying to find what the new trends are in marketing and distributing original music.

We planned to make this a digital only release. We can afford to do that. However, we also would love to make a DVD of candid studio outtakes, interviews, some live footage, etc. The thing is, we frankly aren't going to invest in duplicating this if no one is going to buy it. Hence why we launched a KickStarter.

This isn't a fundraiser, it's just a way for the band to get an idea of what the market looks like. If you will be buying our new record on iTunes anyway, why not just pledge $10 now and get it directly from us? If you want the CD/DVD combo, pledge the $25. This way the band actually can afford to print copies and not have to hold our breath and just hope people buy them. We will know there are guaranteed sales out there.

I've seen many project be really successful in this and make twice as much as we're asking. We came up with the price when we added the cost of artwork, mastering, duplication, shirts, etc and then lowered it. We didn't factor in our time (we all have full-time jobs and/or school) and studio costs (I have my own place, which caused me to cancel paying clients to work on the music I love).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!! :headbang:

P.S.: some footage / new music is on our YouTube channel.