New System of a Down album.

tattooedsean666 said:
I wouldn't consider it hip hoppish during the chorus of BYOB. It just makes it dance club worthy. :Spin:

I actually like SOAD. they are one of the only mainstream rock bands that I enjoy.

I like it too, to me the chorus sounds like Kool and the Gang.

Some of the music is okay, but his voice gets annoying very quickly. Thankfully, the album is pretty short, so I can listen to it quickly for a change of pace without getting sick of it. Bought it for $9.99 Canadian at Future Shop, so I won't complain too much, but album of the year? C'mon, this doesn't even belong on the same planet as COC's In The Arms of God

nafnikufesin said:
Some of the music is okay, but his voice gets annoying very quickly. Thankfully, the album is pretty short, so I can listen to it quickly for a change of pace without getting sick of it. Bought it for $9.99 Canadian at Future Shop, so I won't complain too much, but album of the year? C'mon, this doesn't even belong on the same planet as COC's In The Arms of God

Agreed...SOAD sucks:puke: They try to rip off Mr. Bungle and they can't even do that well..Somebody needs to cut Daron Malakian's vocal cords too. That motherfucker just pisses me off the second he gets behind the mic

MyHatredforYouRunsDeep said:
Agreed...SOAD sucks:puke: They try to rip off Mr. Bungle and they can't even do that well..Somebody needs to cut Daron Malakian's vocal cords too. That motherfucker just pisses me off the second he gets behind the mic

I agree. Well said! :kickass:

strik9 said:
I agree it's way to early to call album of the year! The new Slayer album better not be like GHUA and DIM! :puke: Quite frankly I wish they'd get back to playing thrash! :headbang:

Come on, God Hates Us All is pretty thrash. I didn´t get to Diabolus very much either.

johnnieCzech said:
Come on, God Hates Us All is pretty thrash. I didn´t get to Diabolus very much either.

Musically, ya there was some thrashing riffs here and there, but imo GHUA had a fair amount of nu metal influence, especially lyrically. :yuk:

strik9 said:
Musically, ya there was some thrashing riffs here and there, but imo GHUA had a fair amount of nu metal influence, especially lyrically. :yuk:

I went through the lyrics carefully and have to say they probably were the most hateful ones Kerry has ever written...anyway what´s the pattern of nu-metal lyrics? I thought it was something like "oooh I´m a pussy, I was picked on at school but at least God loves me, maybe" :lol:

johnnieCzech said:
I went through the lyrics carefully and have to say they probably were the most hateful ones Kerry has ever written...anyway what´s the pattern of nu-metal lyrics? I thought it was something like "oooh I´m a pussy, I was picked on at school but at least God loves me, maybe" :lol:

I thought a lot of the lyrics were teen-angsty, like "I fucking hate you" type stuff. That reminds me of nu metal type lyrics ala Slipknot. Imo Slayer has MUCH better lyrical efforts!

well I prefer pre-Divine Intervention albums too, Seasons In The Abyss is my favorite (Dead Skin Mask my fave Slayer song)

johnnieCzech said:
well I prefer pre-Divine Intervention albums too, Seasons In The Abyss is my favorite (Dead Skin Mask my fave Slayer song)

Cool! We share the same favourite Slayer album! :kickass: It's REALLY hard for me to pick a favourite off that album, everything about it is great. From the production to the musicianship etc.! Right now I'll go with Temptation, but it always changes! :headbang: Imo it's one of Slayer's most underrated songs! That groove at the 2:05 mark IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!! :headbang:

strik9 said:
Cool! We share the same favourite Slayer album! :kickass: It's REALLY hard for me to pick a favourite off that album, everything about it is great. From the production to the musicianship etc.! Right now I'll go with Temptation, but it always changes! :headbang: Imo it's one of Slayer's most underrated songs! That groove at the 2:05 mark IS FUCKING AMAZING!!!! :headbang:

It really is pretty hard to pick a favourite...Temptation is also cool. But I just love the riff and the chorus of DSM.

Well I just got Mesmerize on the Weekend and its absolutely brilliant. SOAD prove once again they are the this generations FNM. Big Call I know but I just love this band.

heard it yesterday at a BBQ, lot of different styles on this one!!
oh........and a lot of oohlalalalalalala's
does nothing for me . I expected them to whimp out, they didn't . Think the real fans will be happy with this one!

From just talking to the people that i know who have been into the band since 98(me included), alot of them are upset because Daron is taking over the band. The lyrics are losing their edge.

Well, I finally got the new SOAD CD and I really like it! I like Toxicity a little more, but over all, it's a good album. I wouldn't call it "album of the year" though. So far, that honor goes to COC!
As far as Slayer goes...a "bad" Slayer album is better than most bands "good" albums!

johnnieCzech said:
When I went through the lyrics on this one, I thought "Most grade six students could write something better than this shit" :yuk: