NEW to Amaran

Exiled

Oct 22, 2001
Valencia (Spain)
www.myspace.com
Hello guys i just wanted to state that your music is so great.. I have recently knew about you guys, and i have just seen the announcement from johana... really its a shame cause your music and her voice mixed beautifully... i hope you get a fine replacement for her, and that her makes some good music as well on her behalf...

But i must say this.... It is a shame... really...

Keep up the good work, cheers from Mexico.

I think in order for the forum to be active, the band needs to be active as well.

At least, it's usually like that...

hey everybody :wave: can anybody try to describe Amaran´s sound?!
i heard some songs of them but i never got the chance to hear some records because its so difficult to get records of them...

I bought the record by contacting the band ;)

I'd say the music ranges from dark, heavy, low opethlike to somewhat faster power metal, with The Gathering like vocals. Johanna has a voice with a lot of power. Gotta love that voice
heart.gif

As quoted in the other topic:

Johanna has decided to leave the band. Here is her statement:

Hi everybody. Unfortunately I have some bad news for you, I have decided to leave the band. The reason for this is that I have lost the commitment and ambition that it takes to drive a band forwards and me staying would only result in keeping the other guys back. I will definitely not give up singing, so you can still count on seeing me around in other contexts. I’ve had a great time with Amaran, many wonderful memories, in particular all you people out there who have supported us, sent us e-mails, been there at our gigs. I’d like to say a big thank you to you guys .. and also to the other members of Amaran, I’m sure they’ll make something good out of this situation as well.
Love// Johanna DePierre

We understand and respect Johannas decision and wish her good luck in the future.
This will of course effect Amarans future and at the moment we cannot tell what the outcome will be. One thing is certain though; Robin, Ronnie, Gunnar and Niklas will continue to play together and work on our new material. We cannot say how the vocals will be like or if we can continue under the name Amaran. Future will tell and we will keep you updated.
/Robin and Ronnie

...oh thanks a lot for the tip! mh..this is kind of sad...anyway...what do you guys think about amarans future?do you think that amaran will be able to compensate the
lost of johanna?..my english is not so good...sorry for that! :Spin:

It's possible of course, but no matter how good your music is, people tend to judge a band by it's vocalist. If the new singer is totally different in style/voice, there might be a change in the Amaran audience. It's always difficult to find or be a successor of a good vocalist. Even when a a great vocalist is found, it might be difficult to please the existing Amaran audience.
It will be difficult, but possible. We can only wait and see who Amaran come up with.

SanderThomas said:
It's possible of course, but no matter how good your music is, people tend to judge a band by it's vocalist. If the new singer is totally different in style/voice, there might be a change in the Amaran audience. It's always difficult to find or be a successor of a good vocalist. Even when a a great vocalist is found, it might be difficult to please the existing Amaran audience.
It will be difficult, but possible. We can only wait and see who Amaran come up with.

As their former bassplayer I wait with big excitement to hear some new recordings from the guys. :)
I know that they have some really kick ass stuff written and demoed so lets hope they'll can get it recorded properly soon.

:headbang: Hey you guys rock! :hotjump: I just want to know whether you will be coming to the UK, any time soon? Because i love the music but i can't get it, all i can get are samples :OMG: :(

Amaran is an amazing band. One of my favorites. Favorite song is either "Void" or "Atropine".

Hope they find a replacement vocalist soon.