Amaran

Lina

kickass elizabethan style
May 2, 2001
Maryland, U.S.
Visit site
The search function has been disabled, so I don't know if this band has been mentioned before.

Does anyone know anything about these guys? This description on Metaldisc caught my eye:

A mix of The Gathering (Mandylion-era) with In Flames-inspired melodic death metal. Female vocals from this Swedish band

My computer speakers aren't the greatest, so I can't tell how intricate the actual music is. But she's a fantastic singer! Strong voice, she sings in her range rather than trying to be operatic like most metal chicks. Reminds me of a heavy Lacuna Coil.

http://www.amaran.net/

Originally posted by Lina
The search function has been disabled, so I don't know if this band has been mentioned before.

Does anyone know anything about these guys? This description on Metaldisc caught my eye:

A mix of The Gathering (Mandylion-era) with In Flames-inspired melodic death metal. Female vocals from this Swedish band

Whoa, what is this? An accurate description for once? :)

But she's a fantastic singer! Strong voice, she sings in her range rather than trying to be operatic like most metal chicks. Reminds me of a heavy Lacuna Coil.

This is good! I've been wanting to hear some new bands that could restore my faith in metal's reasonability, and Amaran comes very close to accoplishing that.

Thanks, Liz! ;)

Great!
More people that likes this band. I am in the thankslist for the album for promoting the band :)

That's awesome, At The Gates!

Glad to hear you guys like it. I bought the new one last night.

ATG, do you know where I could get a copy of the demo? I liked those songs a lot too.

Originally posted by Lina
That's awesome, At The Gates!

Glad to hear you guys like it. I bought the new one last night.

ATG, do you know where I could get a copy of the demo? I liked those songs a lot too.

Perhaps if you get into contact with Kari from their homepage.