New to Jag Panzer

schenkadere

Obey my dog!
Apr 24, 2005
NY
www.soundclick.com
Hey all...I'm a metal oldie(from back in the day), but a Jag Panzer newbie. I'm a big Joey Tafolla fan and that's what brought me here. I just bought The Fourth Judgement from iTunes...very cool...awesome guitar as I expected.

Gotta be honest...not a big Chris Broderick fan...hope that doesn't offend...just being honest...don't dig his style.

So, where should I go from here?...I know Tafolla did an earlier album with them.

Anyway...hope to spend some time here. Peace.:headbang:

well being an uli jon roth fan makes up for not being a broderick fan lol........i can understand where you're comin from though, personally i love C.B. but his style is kind of an acquired taste for some......My suggestion to you is maybe check out chain of command.....and although you're not a chris broderick fan, Age of Mastery !! there are some songs that don't really reflect his shredding style (like the moors, amazing song btw)

Interesting first JP album to pick. As you can tell by my user name I go back a few years. I started listening to JP when they released Ample Destruction which came out in the early 1980's. I have every album they ever made and after 25 years of listening to them I think they kick ass!!! :headbang:

If I were you there are a few must haves from JP. If you look back through the forum there was a Favorite JP Album posting some time ago. The two clear winners were Thane to the Throne and Mechanized Warfare. Both kick ass albums. I put my vote in for Mechanized Warfare but had a hard time picking between the two.

Pick up these two, you won't be disappointed.:headbang:

Ample Destruction! Get it, never look back. But you can't do much wrong with any Panzer disk IMO. Best American power metal band, since Sanctuary ain't around no more.

This album is worth every penny of the $20 and then some.

I am still hanging on to my vinyl copy of Ample Destruction. :kickass:

Hey Mark, any thoughts of doing a remaster of Tyrants and Ample Destruction?

schenkadre I'm new to Panzer as well but may I suggest purchasing Decade Of The Nail Spiked Bat. This is an 03 2CD release which includes several remade tunes from Ample Destruction and early releases. Every single tune on this CD is killer! I've been working my way around the hard to find early releases and a remaster of Ample Destruction, Dissident Alliance and Age Of Mastery would be cool. You can grab This gem right now on Amazon.com for $5.52.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000CBLBI/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1205466112&sr=1-8 Anybody know what the message is at the end of "The Crucifix"? Sounds like something played backwards.

Demetman

schenkadre I'm new to Panzer as well but may I suggest purchasing Decade Of The Nail Spiked Bat. This is an 03 2CD release which includes several remade tunes from Ample Destruction and early releases. Every single tune on this CD is killer! I've been working my way around the hard to find early releases and a remaster of Ample Destruction, Dissident Alliance and Age Of Mastery would be cool. You can grab This gem right now on Amazon.com for $5.52.http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0000CBLBI/ref=dp_olp_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1205466112&sr=1-8 Anybody know what the message is at the end of "The Crucifix"? Sounds like something played backwards.

Demetman

thanks dude:headbang:

Sorry guys, but there won't be a Re-issue of Ample Destruction and the Tyrants EP. Fans have requested it for decades, but Joey Tafolla always refused to give his permission (even after he reunited with JP for The 4th Judgment!). Sad but true. Therefore Jag Panzer re-recorded most of the tracks on Decade Of The Nail Spiked Bat. I'd pay 20 bucks for the used CD, it's really worth every penny. Go get it!

Sorry guys, but there won't be a Re-issue of Ample Destruction and the Tyrants EP. Fans have requested it for decades, but Joey Tafolla always refused to give his permission (even after he reunited with JP for The 4th Judgment!). Sad but true. Therefore Jag Panzer re-recorded most of the tracks on Decade Of The Nail Spiked Bat. I'd pay 20 bucks for the used CD, it's really worth every penny. Go get it!

I wonder why he refuses...that's odd.

shenkadere, your going to love that CD especially with your boy Tafolla going at it on guitar. I recently purchased this CD from Amazon.com for $20 and have listened to it a few times tonight tooling around in the basement. After hearing the original songs I really appreciate how well the re-recorded songs turned out on "Decade of The Nail Spiked Bat". I loved that CD from start to finish the 1st time I listened to it. For me 10/10:headbang: Jag Panzer is so damb good I have not yet listened to the other CD's I ordered. Enjoy Man!

Demetman

Thanks. Chain of Command is another I'd like to find.

I snagged Chain Of Command from amazon new $12.00 from westcoastmetal. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000LX3PGC/ref=dp_olp_1 and have given several listens in the past couple of days. Overall, great CD with mediocre production as mentioned. Some really cool riffs and some great solos(Never Surrender, Sworn To Silence) as well. Check out Christian Laseque on this one. I Highly recommend Mechanized Warfare 2001 if you don't already have it!