New to Jag Panzer

Yes schenkadere! Ample Destruction is an exceptional album for the year it was released. The band members were so young but yet so talented and here we are in 2008 praising this music! It sure does amaze me how this band never got my attention in the prime of my metal years in the 80's and 90's.

I never new of Joe Taffola before the discovery of Jap Panzer. After a little research I have become aware of his talents. Sounds like you are a long time fan of Tafolla and really dig his work. It's hard for me to determine who's lead is being played on Ample Destruction. Does Briody play most solos and Tafolla play rythm or is there a mix. I used to love following the Mercyful Fate liner notes as it would list the solo played by either Sherman or Denner (prob my favorite guitar duo ever). Anyway, if you would recommend any of Tafolla's work to check out what would it be? I'm always up for discovering talented guitarists. Oh, now go get Decade Of The Nail Spiked Bat you will freak out how incredable double disk is! Later

demetman

Ample Destruction and The Fourth Judgment have shot right to the top of my all time lists...both top 30 easily. I'm not crazy about the Tyrant bonus tracks, but up to The Crucifix, Ample Destruction is one of the best releases of that period...how it ever evaded me, I'll never know...I'm an old timer.

Tell you guys something funny about the recording of COC the engineer set our EQ"S exactly to the Whitesnake album with Still of the Night on it. We wanted it to have that depth on it same as the Whitesnake album. I remember we were playing albums to the engineer on how we wanted COC to sound like and thats what we picked.
Guess is sucked huh : ) lol !!!!!!!!!
Bob

Ha !!!! You made me LOL !!!!! Harry !!!!!

Ok heres the Walls history ,we recorded in at another studio after COC was done. We were getting new material together and this of course was one of the songs. After I left the band basically nothing was done with it. I never heard the finished product, I didn't even know at the time of there even was one. Years went by and I would inquire with Mark about the recording and he didn't know what happened to it either. It really bummed me and haunted me because I wanted to hear it and thought the song was gone forever. So before the Century Media release of COC Mark get a call from the owner of the studio and tells him he has tapes marked TYRANT on them and if Mark wanted them,so thinking they were Harry's studio demo's Mark went to pick them up gave them a listen and there the song was !!!!! on a mismarked tape box. We are talking 1988 so the song was missing for 14 or 15 years. Mark listened to it and everything after the guitar solo was not in balance with the rest of the recording,the chorus vocals were off and not good enough to continue with the end of the song. I finally heard the COC mixed version and needless to say it was very emotional for me to hear just what was put on COC.
And actually I would like to re record the song in it's entirety. I think it would be cool to do.
I was amazed how everyone enjoyed it. I think I sang just that one take of the song. And of course I would like to do it again.
Bob