new to Katatonia

dredd_hedd

changed by the shock
Nov 18, 2001
Visit site
Which Katatonia should I get first between Tonight's Desicion or LFDGD? I haven't too much of LFDGD, and I really like a few from TD... which one is better for a new fan?

seems like this comes up every 15 minutes... :p its okay, tho... personally, i would recommend TD... i love both of them, and if you're getting one, i'll almost guarantee that you'll be running out to buy the other (and discouraged ones) within a week or two... TD is essential, though. great songs, gorgeous art, etc etc. but really, buy 'em both... definitely worth it

yeah get TD, its a classic all the way through, i say you should get both as LFDGD is brilliant too, both have their plus points and not really any minus points. get all their albums to you the truth, but Tonights Decision was the first i got and now they're my favourite band, so i say you should get it now :D for my demons is an awesome song to kick off that album too.

NP - My Dying Bride - the raven and the rose

while not wanting to start another old/new debate, i must say if you've heard stuff from TD and LFDGD and liked them, i'd get those first, before branching out into the older stuff... especially if you don't listen to a lot of heavier stuff, i would definitely start out with the newer stuff, its much more accessible and (dare i say it?) interesting... no really tho, not wanting to start any more controversy, but you said you'd heard LFDGD and TD, so i'd say get those first... trust me ;) i suppose another good idea to really make the informed decision would be to go to http://www.mp3.com/katatoniadotcom , they've got songs from new and old there... see what you like best, and get that. safest way :)

Thanks guys for the advice! I was leaning towards TD, but i wanted to make sure. unfortunetly The End Records doesn't carry it so I'll have to pay full price!:( I'll probably buy LFDGD and Discouraged Ones for now.

Thanks again.