New to metal, trying to narrow what I like...

Thank you so much for your replies, you have been tremendously helpful. The youtube clips in some of the posts really help, too; I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Many of the bands mentioned here I have checked out and from what I have heard thus far they're fantastic. This is a great start, I will thoroughly enjoy these artists.

Thank you so much for your replies, you have been tremendously helpful. The youtube clips in some of the posts really help, too; I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

Many of the bands mentioned here I have checked out and from what I have heard thus far they're fantastic. This is a great start, I will thoroughly enjoy these artists.

your welcome, glad you liked the recommendations we gave out.

itt: remarkable restraint from most of UMF.

Check out Warning's "Watching From A Distance" and Armored Saint's "Symbol of Salvation," clean vocals, non-offensive lyrics, and epic music.

Be sure to check out Angra... they have lots of different stuff, specially when they changed half the band after their third album... be sure to check all the videos

FIRST ALBUM (Angels Cry)
Carry On (1st song of their first album... Angra´s business card)

Angels Cry

Stand Away (quite progressive different song)

SECOND ALBUM (Holy Land)
Nothing To Say

Carolina IV (quite progressive song, interesting intro)

Holy Land (lots of brazilian music influence)

FOURTH ALBUM (different vocalist) (Rebirth)
Unholy Wars (starts progressive than becomes powermetal)

Judgement Day (this song is just too cool)

Heroes of Sand

Acid Rain

FIFTH ALBUM (Temple of Shadows, concept album)
The Shadow Hunter (amazing song)

Sprouts of Time (the vocals in the first part are not that good, survive it and you are in for a superb song!)

Morning Star

SIXTH ALBUM (Aurora Consurgens)
Scream Your Heart Out

The Voice Commanding You (classic speed metal)

Out of This World (bonus track)

Breaking Ties

Last edited by a moderator: