New to Opeth

seventi

Viva Lonliness!
Mar 8, 2002
The Third Place
Visit site
Hi everyone.

Opeth is kinda new to me and I have never been into the band.
I mostly hang around the DT and IF board. So I ask you, what songs or albums do you recommend?

Stay metal

/seventi (maybe a new Opeth fan)

(I don't see Golden Celta anywhere)

:D

Get any album first, any mp3, whatever, it doesn't matter, everything rocks:)

Originally posted by seventi
Hi everyone.

Opeth is kinda new to me and I have never been into the band.
I mostly hang around the DT and IF board. So I ask you, what songs or albums do you recommend?

Stay metal

By DT, I'm assuming Dark Tranquillity.

Hmmmm.....

Check out Demon of the Fall, White Cluster, and Advent. It's tough to say as we all think Opeth is da shiznit, but those should be a good start.

Resistance is futile. :D

yeah, everything opeth makes is the coolest stuff you can ever hear & enjoy.

so, go to the official site [www.opeth.com], learn the discography, and check out everywhere everything which starts with "o" and finishes with "peth". it's all worth the time you'll spend.

bye

Orchid their finest work? Come on...
Still Life is their most progressive stuff IMO, along with Blackwater Park. Their divinest song is the godly awesome THE MOOR. Also amazing songs are When, Face of Melinda, Leper Affinity, Drapery Falls, Funeral Portrait (damn hard!). The two first albums are divine too, but harder to get into for a first time listener.

you will like orchid the best, if you are into dark and heavy riffs, and growl vocals. Deffinately the heavyest cd in there collection

Wwo, overflow! Thanx guys. Sounds like all of Opeth's albums are great. Well, I think I have to start with a new collection of albums,

Yesterday I downloaded some songs, but haven't had the time to listen. If I like what I hear...then Opeth got a new supporting fan!:D :headbang:

Originally posted by Entropy
you will like orchid the best, if you are into dark and heavy riffs, and growl vocals. Deffinately the heavyest cd in there collection

okey dokey... i think you got the album names a bit mixed up there.....................