New to Swano

Rocky Raccoon

I am the Walrus
Feb 24, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi guys I love Opeth and through them I've heard a bit from Swano e.g Bloodbath. Also I've heard his work on the Starone album.
What stuff by him would you recommend I start off with to me into him?

Cheers

Get the "Nightfall Overture" album by NIGHTINGALE it's a re-recorded compilation of their albums...And for the Growling stuff I would recomend EDGE OF SANITY's "CRIMSON II" that album is so fucking near to be "perfection"

MECOSARIO said:
Get the "Nightfall Overture" album by NIGHTINGALE it's a re-recorded compilation of their albums...And for the Growling stuff I would recomend EDGE OF SANITY's "CRIMSON II" that album is so fucking near to be "perfection"

Don't forget the first Crimson album by EoS, that one is just as good as the second one (actually I think it is even better than C2!).

AnTz0r said:
what the fuck man! karaboudjan is genious!!! pure bliss!!! :kickass:

;)

what is Arg Varg?

An obscure project. Dan had it for download on his downloadsite when it was online. But I'm pretty shure I deleted it ;) Can't even remember what kind of music. i think grindcore or something

Benighted1 said:
Hi guys I love Opeth and through them I've heard a bit from Swano e.g Bloodbath. Also I've heard his work on the Starone album.
What stuff by him would you recommend I start off with to me into him?

Cheers

You obviously like prog rock/metal...if you dig the stories told through MAYH and Still Life, you'll love Crimson and Crimson II...I strongly suggest picking both of those up.

Dan Swanö said:
whatever you do.. Don´t try Steel, Karaboudjan or Arg Varg!!! :)

Blashpemy!!

Anywho...per your advice I picked up Karaboudjan...and dear lord, quite simply one of the most original sounds I've ever heard!! We need more of this!!