New Trivium Song

I'm willing to bet there are bands that have had as staged of a photo as this that you love. Tons of bands do this; I really don't give a damn.

Staged photo is one thing...but planting t shirts of bands that cover many different sub genres for "cred" is another that most see through.....

I don't care either. I was just stating that they caught a LOT of crap for it when that pic came out.

Same think with bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch, Hatebreed, etc...
They all started out wearing shirts of bands like AFI, Social Distortion, Misfits, etc, etc, and traded them in for metal shirts when that proved for economically viable..........

I remember that promo photo was used underneath the headline "The Next Metallica" in every fucking magazine ever, which I think was far more offensive than the photo itself ha ha!

Well, I will say compared to their peers who had videos around that time on the second wave of Headbangers Ball, they do seem to have better chops and musicality. Those vocals though just epitomize everything I hate about these newer more mainstream bands.

Staged photo is one thing...but planting t shirts of bands that cover many different sub genres for "cred" is another that most see through.....

I don't care either. I was just stating that they caught a LOT of crap for it when that pic came out.

They all started out wearing shirts of bands like AFI, Social Distortion, Misfits, etc, etc, and traded them in for metal shirts when that proved for economically viable..........

really? The only time I saw anyone talk about it is when you would post the pic talking about it.....99% of the real metal world didn't care.

I just ignore bands like this. Not my thing.

It's really not fair (or accurate) to lump Hatebreed in with Killswitch or A7X...

I only put Hatebreed in that category because of Jamey Jasta.
Its pretty much the second he hosted HBB, he started wearing Kreator, Celtic Frost ,King D, Death, etc, etc, shirts, and dropped the whole bandana hardcore look.

I dont know him personally, and maybe he was always a fan of those bands.
To me, it was a quick switch to try to add some metal "cred" since he was hosting HBB.

I really like the first full length they did for Victory.

I know what you meant. Thing is I see this all the time in various genres of metal when bands are just playing live too. It's not beyond the realm of possibility that musicians like all spectrums of metal. I know I do.

I really like the first full length they did for Victory.

As you should, it's ignorant as fuck. All of their records are good really, once you get past the fact that they're a bit samey at times. But yeah, Hatebreed was always criminally underrated. Pissed off, heavy as fuck breakdowns, and positive lyrics. What's not to like?

Actually it totally is, considering that all 3 bands came from the same hardcore scene. A7X wasn't always a soccer mom rock band you know!

Hatebreed is from a different time and a different scene than those other two bands. Calling KSE/A7X's beginnings 'hardcore' is debatable at best, flat out wrong at worst (even though I don't admit this frequently I used to listen to A7X a lot when they were on Hopeless and I didn't know any better).

Hatebreed is from a different time and a different scene than those other two bands. Calling KSE/A7X's beginnings 'hardcore' is debatable at best, flat out wrong at worst (even though I don't admit this frequently I used to listen to A7X a lot when they were on Hopeless and I didn't know any better).

literally everyone who listened to these bands and their early music would disagree with you flat out. Certainly, none of the hardcore kids during those days would ever admit to liking a 'metal' band.

literally everyone who listened to these bands and their early music would disagree with you flat out. Certainly, none of the hardcore kids during those days would ever admit to liking a 'metal' band.

Again, not true. Hatebreed had more in common with Earth Crisis and with Integrity and with Shai Hulud and with Sheer Terror and with other hardcore bands who proudly wore their metal influences on their sleeves and had real punk cred. KSE and A7X were part of the Trustkill/Ferret/Hopeless/etc girl pants, Xanga writing, Castro cap, camo shorts 'hardcore' crowd. It's like saying "well Morbid Angel and Pantera are metal, and they played shows together, so they come from the same scene." Not even close.

Bumping this thread. Has anyone heard the new album yet?

In my opinion, it's about as good as In Waves, which is pretty good! Especially since I never cared for the first bunch of records. What do you guys think?

Bumping this thread. Has anyone heard the new album yet?

In my opinion, it's about as good as In Waves, which is pretty good! Especially since I never cared for the first bunch of records. What do you guys think?

I really like it, I might like it better than In Waves, I think it is a little leaner and meaner. I know there seem to be all this consternation online because David Drainman was producing, but it still sounds like Trivium to me and it seems like Heafy has gotten a little more dynamic with his singing. Brave this Storm is just amazing at high volume.

I really never understood the hate this band gets from the metal community. I completely understand if people don't like their stuff, but the level of vitriol always surprised me. Seriously, there are waaaaayy worse bands in the genre to get angry about.

Also in one of his recent interviews Heafy revealed that Ihsahn will produce his solo album. Could be a cool project. Contrary to what a lot of metal nerds think, Heafy is pretty knowledgable about metal (I mean, he was in a band with the dude who's now in Voivod BEFORE Trivium got signed).

Although they're a fairly awful live band, I've always liked Trivium's studio work. I'm really enjoying the new album. Although I hear a bit of Draiman influence, I don't think it's overwhelming. He certainly hasn't overhauled the band's sound.