New Ulver album

Alteredmindeath

Wasteland Survivor
Mar 5, 2003
Underneath your bed
Progressive Norwegian black metal band ULVER have issued the following update:

"Ok, so now we have been on the road, and it has been rewarding, all fear and loathing considered. We are a domestic pack these days. The children miss their parents and we miss them. So. We have decided to limit next year's touring to two shorter blocks, one before and one after summer, plus an odd festival here and there. We would also very much like to make a few appearances overseas.

2011 is the future, a Critical Geography, the new album of Ulver. The anthological presentation we've been hiding behind since Lillehammer is history after Warsaw.

We are stoked to say that our blood-brothers VIRUS have accepted the offer to play their debut concert with us at London-palace Koko, as a kick-off spectacular. This is Virus' Lillehammer, and they are a bit apprehensive. We are certain though, that if you show them the same courtesy that you showed us, this will be one to remember.

The Koko gig will be a further reunion of the old-school rebels, in that our red-bearded buddy ZWEIZZ will be opening the ball. He will also be traveling with us to a quite a few of the other venues announced. See you in the wild."

Virus comments on the upcoming gig:

"Apprehensive is not the word. Plain terrified, is more like it. We used to feel safe and sound inside our little bubble, being a non-live band, barely daring to release albums. We've gotten tons of propositions over the years, but when Ulver approached us it all seemed to fall right into place, to create the best possible condition for both us and our fans to finally do this thing. We couldn't think of a better way of taking that next step - bringing our mischief to the stage - than under the wings of our friends, who've been in the exact same spot we are now."

"Critical Geography"...? :zombie: That's a silly name.
Whatever, as long as it's none of that psychedelic hippie rock rubbish like that cover track "Too Much To Dream" or something, that they did about a year ago, I'll have very high expectations! Also looking forward to seeing them again, in March.

I like War of the Roses. It's a weird album because you've the feeling that Kris didn't know exactly what genre to follow, so the album ended something like Alternative-Ethnic-Electronic Rock. There are really good songs, and some weak ones too. It's definitely a grower, but it's also, IMO, their best since Svid Negger.

I'm excited to hear the album since you guys don't appreciate it...

I have Shadows of the sun and I think it's pretty damn good. I've heard Blood inside and can say the same about that one.

Djöfull;9771008 said:
I'm excited to hear the album since you guys don't appreciate it...

I have Shadows of the sun and I think it's pretty damn good. I've heard Blood inside and can say the same about that one.

I'll post the link on your FB. I like it, but yes, it's funny to see that they don't like it; pity. I like Blood Inside and Shadows too, and IMO this one is the best one since Svid N (which should make you even more excited haha).

NP:
Ulver: September IV (Best track of the album, IMO.)

The family is gathering
In silent prayer

Before the bed
Where he is laid out

Beautiful in black
And closed eyes

Only a boy
And a brother

And a lover
And a son

His sudden
And violent death