NEW UPLOAD: Akercocke, The Crown, Ulver and more

Haha, I knew you would forget. The email you sent me was great, ending with "I'mdruhinkt!!!1111111" or something. :lol:

Don't worry about it, if and when we trade some promos and / or CD-Rs we'll do it then to save postage. :D

As I was perusing the reviews I checked out Yngwie Malmsteem's Attack!! and something piqued my interest...

Yngwie must assume anyone that Ritchie Blackmore works with is god. That kind of logic should produce what has always been a wet dream of mine, and that is a collaboration between Malmsteen and Ronnie James Dio. What gives?

So, any consideration for Yngwie Malmsteen and Graham Bonnet? :saint:

Heh, for what it's worth, I think Viva Emptiness is the worst Katatonia album. Not saying it's bad as such, but almost certainly my least favourite.

I reckon LFDGD is worse. LFDGD sounded fucking happy at times. If I wanted happy I would buy Rhapsody or something. The only songs from LFDGD I really enjoy thoroughly still are "Dispossession" and "Tonight's Music." Still, VE is the second worst but will still make my top 10 list, because Katatonia's worst is still pretty damn good.

I really do need more Katatonia then, since I can't stop listening to that CD-R you gave me. I now have Brave Murder Day too, and it is really starting to warm up to me, especially Brave.

I've read nothing but positive reviews for Madder Mortem, other than JayKeeley's. Judging from that Jigsaw song, I'd give it maybe a 4/10, but I have difficulty making it through that entire song, let alone an entire album worth. What is everyone's trip about that chick's voice!?!? It is so uncontrolled it makes me cringe!

Burkhard said:
The review of Atrox´"Orgasm" on R.C. is an obvious proof that you can´t rely on album reviews except for those you´ve written yourself!:D
I would suggest that most people do this anyway! If you rely solely on reviews, then you're one of those that just follow the trend... not healthy and ill advised.

But then again John Arch´s "Twist Of Fate" got a 9/10-rating and I like it, too (though definitely not as much as "Deadlands" or "Orgasm" and not as much as Fates Warning´s "The Spectre Within" and "Awaken The Guardian")

Can't believe you said that out loud. :D I wouldn't say it is even comparable to either of the Fates' records, but ACOCKS and MADDER MODEM better than... :oops: I'm embarrassed for you.

BTW, compared to its predecessor "Terrestrials", the vocals on "Orgasm" are quite moderate and the music is much more "easy-listening"!:D (So I guess "Terrestrials" probably would have got a -10/10-rating on Royal Carnage and the review itself would have been written backwards or upside down - or sounded as if had been written by Ozzy Osbourne!:D )

I would've wiped my ass with the cd, right after a tubgirl.com type blow out.

Papa Josh said:
I would suggest that most people do this anyway! If you rely solely on reviews, then you're one of those that just follow the trend... not healthy and ill advised.
At least one point on which we agree.:D

Can't believe you said that out loud.
Oh, I didn´t say it out loud, I just typed it down quietly! :D

:D I wouldn't say it is even comparable to either of the Fates' records, but ACOCKS and MADDER MODEM better than... :oops: I'm embarrassed for you.
Feel free to be so, if it offers you some relief, though I think it´s a waste of time.

I would've wiped my ass with the cd, right after a tubgirl.com type blow out.
:OMG: , what nasty words! :)grin: )
It seems we´ve finally reached Kindergarten-niveau. :tickled:
BTW, don´t you think it might feel a little bit uncomfortable to wipe your ass with a CD? I mean, if you´re not careful, it could become a real pain in the ass :)grin: :tickled: ), couldn´t it?

tipton said:
i don't think i could have put out any more varied releases as i did this year. every cd was a different genre within the metal realm (though some still tend to think its all grindcore).
I don't know if anybody has replied to this, but it's early in the morning and I don't want to read every post.

I think Willowtip has a ton of variation on their label. Bands range from brutal death to technical metal to math metal/grind to every other form of extremity. They don't have anything that is even remotely mainstream. Maybe that's why JayKeeley doesn't think they are as varied as Code666. There aren't two bands on Willowtip that sound alike to me.

I don't think there is any debate between what a normal human being would refer to as variety: Simon and Garfunkel and Morbid Angel are worlds apart, for example. Everything inbetween would inherently offer 'variety'.

npearce said:
I think Willowtip has a ton of variation on their label. Bands range from brutal death to technical metal to math metal/grind to every other form of extremity. They don't have anything that is even remotely mainstream. Maybe that's why JayKeeley doesn't think they are as varied as Code666. There aren't two bands on Willowtip that sound alike to me.
Gotta agree here. Kalibas, Watchmaker, Goatsblood, etc. all have a distinct sound. Their only similarities are that they are on the same label, and they are all damn good.

I haven't heard Kalibas yet, but Goatsblood, Watchmaker, and Sadis Euphoria are all extremely different from one another. Not as big of a leap between Manes and Negura Bunget or anything, but you could never confuse one for another.

Honestly JayKeeley, you might like Watchmaker, and Sadis Euphoria would appeal to anyone looking for traditional death metal. I love the production on that album, very atmospheric.

NAD said:
I haven't heard Kalibas yet, but Goatsblood, Watchmaker, and Sadis Euphoria are all extremely different from one another. Not as big of a leap between Manes and Nugura Bunget or anything
Right. That's all I was trying to say. Nothing more, nothing less.