New Vader album

Stormwatch

Cock.
May 2, 2003
Fortress of Arrogance
No interest in this? Welcome to the Morbid Reich.I thought Vader peaked with The Beast, they've kinda been treading water ever since IMO. Their style has never really progressed and had, for me, come to the end of the road.

But the new album is fucking awesome! Peter must have been listening to Behemoth and Deicide and taken some ideas from them. He's added some shreiks to his vocal style which I don't remember hearing him do before and, while it's a small thing, it seems to add much needed variety to the music.
Second, Peter must have gone hunting for Poland's answer to Ralph Santolla cos the leads on this album are WAAY more melodic and technical than anything they've put out before. And they fucking smoke!

Very, very good album, can't wait to listen more. :wave: I wonder if Peter was maybe sending out a message to Morbid Angel with that title, showing them how death metal SHOULD be done.

Very, very good album, can't wait to listen more. :wave: I wonder if Peter was maybe sending out a message to Morbid Angel with that title, showing them how death metal SHOULD be done.

It’s a reference to their second demo.

I know, but in the two reviews I've read both have mentioned this is the album Morbid Angel SHOULD have made this year. It's a little extra talking point.

Yeah I read the autothrall‘s review. It‘s a stupid point though.

I‘ve been into Vader in 2003 when I was starting to get into metal. I loved Revelations back then, then Blood, even Beast, though less. Then they started to fucking bore me with all their new releases and I didn‘t even care to check some of these albums out. I need to listen to this new one in it‘s entirety. However, as I said, they‘ve been extremely boring lately, especially in comparsion to all these new bands coming out. (Ultimate Incantation is good. Morbid Reich is a classic. - yes)

I am eagerly awaiting the American release of the new Vader album. I hate that the American release date for a lot of albums is a month or longer after the European release date.

Yeah I read the autothrall‘s review. It‘s a stupid point though.

I‘ve been into Vader in 2003 when I was starting to get into metal. I loved Revelations back then, then Blood, even Beast, though less. Then they started to fucking bore me with all their new releases and I didn‘t even care to check some of these albums out. I need to listen to this new one in it‘s entirety. However, as I said, they‘ve been extremely boring lately, especially in comparsion to all these new bands coming out. (Ultimate Incantation is good. Morbid Reich is a classic. - yes)

No I agree, with you, up to The Beast I loved them, especially that, Litany and Revelations. Then they started to get boring and the signature sound was really getting tired.
I think you'll like the new one a lot better though.
I just noticed the guitarist was in Panzer X with Peter too, don't remember loving his solos so much on that album, he is really on his game here!

Their one before this was bad... I heard a track from WttMR and really, really liked it though, so I'm gonna buy it when it hits stateside.

Ok I‘m listening to it and it‘s good considering it‘s Vader. But still boring. I would give it 70/100.

I like what I heard so far, curious to listen to the whole album. Coverart looks great.

Can't say I'm a fan but some of their albums are pretty good. Guess my favourite is Litany. The band lost a lot when Mauser left the band. His guitar riffs and melodies added an interesting twist to the band's sound.

darthVader.jpg