New Van Halen!

kirkland

Jan 30, 2011
Holy SHIT! Heaviest VH album they have ever done, Eddie Van Halen is absolutely on fire on the entire album. I don't think I have ever heard such an amazing display of guitar than on this new album. I can't say I am loving the vocals / melodies on some of the songs but the guitar is so incredible I don't even notice the vocals!

Eddie Van Halen = God

Holy SHIT! Heaviest VH album they have ever done, Eddie Van Halen is absolutely on fire on the entire album. I don't think I have ever heard such an amazing display of guitar than on this new album. I can't say I am loving the vocals / melodies on some of the songs but the guitar is so incredible I don't even notice the vocals!

Eddie Van Halen = God

Yeah I had a casual listen to it today myself and was mighty impressed by the heaviness of the songs and EVH is awesome as always. The man is a god. Some of DLR's vocals are slightly shit but as you say the guitar is so dominant in a good way you don't get put off. Great stuff.

The US release date is tomorrow, so I'll be picking it up then. What 've heard so far, about 3 full songs and short clips of the rest, I really like. Got my ticket to see them in April.

It's good to hear Eddie play at the level he should be playing again, but that's the only good thing I can say about this album. Van Halen died in 1996. :(

The musicianship is 10/10 on this album. The production is 10/10. The vocals might not be amazing at first listen but they grow on you.

This is easily their best album in 20 years. If anything Van Halen is BACK and you are fucking nuts

I got it and I FK'N love it. If anything it proves that Van Halen died in 1985 and now they're back to life. I credit Paul Crook for getting me in to Van Halen \m/. They groove with melody and harmony.

I got it and I FK'N love it. If anything it proves that Van Halen died in 1985 and now they're back to life. I credit Paul Crook for getting me in to Van Halen m/. They groove with melody and harmony.
ill have to check it out,ive never been into van halen even though eddie is a guitar god.

I picked my copy up a few days early, on Friday. Listened to it 3 or 4 times so far, I really like it. The only song I'm not really crazy on is Honeysweetiebabydoll.

I paid $600 for my VIP ticket!!! I can't fucking wait.

I paid $60 for the cheap seats!:lol:

I picked up the cd today, haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but I just put it on my ipod. I'll listen to it in the car on the way to work. For once, I'm looking forward to going to work. Might even take the long way there and back.

I WANT THIS ALBUM!! Fuck me they better tour Australia properly this time and not pull out again (as per the rumours for last year's Soundwave Revolution debacle).

Ok, having had the chance to finally hear it, I love it! Is it the best VH album ever? Hell no, but considering it's compitition, how could it be? Those first 6 albums are total classics.

There are moments on this album that bring me back to my childhood/teenage years without being 100% nostalgia. Enough of the trademark sound and enough new fire to make it a great album.

As far as them reworking old demos, I could care less. I do miss Michael Anthony's backing vocals, but not enough to dislike the album.

The brown M&M's was a clause to see if a venue read the contract. At that time Van Halen had a stage set up that was unusually elaborate, so the brown M&M's was also a kind of safety test.