New versions...

Draugen

I I I
Nov 7, 2002
Malmo, Sweden
Just thought it would be nice to know what people think about the new versions (mixes) of Till Fjälls & Cosmic Genesis? Personally I think they´re quite cool, escpecially Till Fjälls with Vintersorg's "new" vocals sound cool....
But why no notice on the webpage when they were uploaded? I just stumbled in on them by acciedent...!

Well, as I said, these two can be found at the official homepage, but it's not posted in the news or anything about an update. If you haven´t downloaded them, do so. They can be found under the menu: Fragments & Alternatives @ www.vintersorg.com

Draugen thank you very much for this news!!!

*downloading* :)

Edit: I really enjoy this, Till Fjalls still sends chills down my spine when I listen to it! I wonder how long it took Vintersorg to create these two remixes?

Nothing is mentioned about the re-mixes because I'd like to avoid being kicked out of the webspace the mp3's are on.
Due to all the music files that are currently on the Vintersorg site, I ran out of space at my host... I found a solution for the moment, but when the mp3-files will be massively downloaded, I do believe I will be kicked out 'cause of using too much bandwidth. That's the reason I am keeping this quiet till I found myself a better solution.

It was interesting to finally listen to these versions but I have to say I'm happy that this is not to be seen as a hint in which direction the new Vintersorg material will go.
Not my cup of tea, really. If it wasn't for the vocals on Till fjälls I wouldn't have given the track as many spins as I just did ;)
The music (sound...whatever) doesn't touch me.....and it lacks something.....dynamics? (not sure if that is the word I'm looking for... :rolleyes: )

I'm not of any help for the discussion here I believe *shuts up (for the moment ;) )*

Isnt it murder waiting for that guitars to kick in on the "Till Fjalls: Evolution mix" i keep thinking "ok its gonna break down....ok no its still doing the piano hehe.

Personally I think Till Fjalls almost seems lifeless....the vocals are a high point (as with anything mr V has done) but without all the major breakdowns and elements and just that electronic beat it sounds really flat.

CG...actually interested me a bit. Prolly cause a lot of the original song elements were implemented hehe. The saxophone tho....*shudders*.

Overall obviously this was just experimentation so I try not to be too critical but I wouldnt have bought this CD for any other reason than to support mr V...good thing its on the net :)

The songs are just small experiments, shouldn't be look upon as something dead serious and perfected, the sound quality is very different on the different parts, as it's done with different equipment,(formats, soundcards.....etc) if we did a serious album of it we would of course make it sound much better, but theese remixes are quite "old" now, as I started on them a long time ago, But I've actually done one new remake of a track from the Mcd, and it came out quite cool, but we'll see if we can put it up, it's hard to find a place to have them up.

mr V

Vintersorg wrote:
But I've actually done one new remake of a track from the Mcd, and it came out quite cool, but we'll see if we can put it up, it's hard to find a place to have them up.

Is it perhaps "Stilla" you´re talking about...?

Originally posted by Vintersorg
The songs are just small experiments, shouldn't be look upon as something dead serious and perfected, the sound quality is very different on the different parts, as it's done with different equipment,(formats, soundcards.....etc) if we did a serious album of it we would of course make it sound much better, but theese remixes are quite "old" now, as I started on them a long time ago, But I've actually done one new remake of a track from the Mcd, and it came out quite cool, but we'll see if we can put it up, it's hard to find a place to have them up.

mr V

I could host a few mp3s... :)

I'm listening to Norrskensdrömmar right now, trying to imagine how it would sound if it was in a sort of "space-jazz-version" as well :)

btw, I really like the space-jazz-remix of cosmic genesis. somehow, this is so far away from what I'm used to hear when putting on Vintersorg-music, but doubtlessly the recognition factor is still high enough.
great remix :) :)

OMG!!!!! I LOOOOOVE the Cosmic Genesis - space jazz
version!!!!! It's frickin fantastic!! I _love_ the beat!!!
YESSA! >:eek:) I don't really enoy the guitarstuff kickin' in
every once in a while, but I love the messy sound!
Great work on this one...! :eek:)

Hmmm... I'm afraid to listen to "Till Fjälls"..... >:eek:P

Thanks alot! I whould never had noticed that without you.