My First Major Metal Purchase Of The New Year...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
...will apparently be a three CD pick-up...

I won Vintersorg's TILL FJALLS, ODEMARKENS SON, and COSMIC GENESIS on www.ebay.com !

This will complete my Vintersorg collection!

Vintersorg's music, not only his own band, but his masterful stuff in Otyg and Borknagar, has been like a jolt for me this past year, and his music will continue to fill me with joy in this new year...

You sure did yourself a favor right there. My 3 favorite Mr. V records (The Focusing Blur and Cosmic Genesis are tied).

I got all of these for $8 today when i brought some video games in for trade in and used my $25 dollar gift card:

Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
Mastodon - Leviathan
Symphony X - The Odyssey
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Converge - Unloved and Weeded Out
Suffocation - Souls to Deny
Nightwish - Once
Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands II
The Acacia Strain - 3750
Lunaris - ...The Infinite

Did I do okay for $8?

You know, I bought the Therion double CD and wasn't all that impressed.

At least not with the first CD. I didn't even bother with the second CD. Mabye I should give it another listen, but for some reason the symponic parts drowned out the metal, except for the vocals, which weren't all that great. Again, I only listened to it once...

station82o said:
for all us vintersorg fans, i'd also recommend picking up Therions newest pair of albums, released together "Lemuria/Sirius B" - fine fine amazing epic music.

And now it seems that Therion is doing a US TOUR!!! Sept 16, here where I am!!! This is going to be a great year!!!

Gaunerin said:
what a name for a band.... o_O (I have obviously never heard of them)

Really? They are an extremely popular grind band. They are on Relapse records. I had heard that cd is great, but I haven't had a chance to listen yet. Their older stuff is pretty good.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Okay, these guys seem to be pretty cool.

Is there a CD in their discography...an older CD that's worth getting?

There is. If you ask me, everything, but they have had so many genre changes so not everybody is going to like everything from them. If you like old-school swedish death metal try to listen to their first albums: "... of Darkness", "Beyond Sanctorum" and "Symphony Masses: Ho Dracon, Ho Megas". Of the symphonic albums the best is their conceptional masterpiece "Secret of the Runes". Of the other albums I must mention the two from their transgression phase: "Lepaca Kliffoth" and "Theli", two of their best albums ever probably, alongside with the others I mentioned.

Maybe "Til' F-yells" would be better? =)

And Til' are pronounced just like when you make "Until" shorter ^^