Visions From the Spiral Generator

Carnal Myer

Et Skogtroll
Oct 19, 2001
oh well...

my CD review: visions From ths Spiral Generator sux.
well, not sucks at all, but it well, we are used to the cosmic genesis sound.. this is more... faster sound... and well, if you see the last vintersorg's albums you can find that sound was purest than the asgeir mickelson drums... i don't know but Mr. Mickelson had lotsa noise on his drums... it keeps the guitar/bass/keyboards in the background, and the grim voices... well, the grim voices are amazing! just amazing! overall in quotation, i love that song. A starguarded coronation rules too, it sounds very Vintersorg. the whole album is really nice, but i think that Mr. V is losing his love for the music, or well, not the love, but he can make better songs than Visions..., it could take more time, but, the good things need time to be good, or better.

of course i am a really fan of Mr. V music, he showed me how to fall in love with a tree, how to be compromised with the earth and how to show my love to the mother nature, but let's be serious, Mr. vintersorg could do better things than "visions..", he showed us it with cosmic genesis, till fjalls, odemarkens son and hedniskhjartad, not in any spescific order, but very good at all.

i'll say this again: The Explorer can do better things than "visions..." even without Mickelson's ability on the drums... if you don't believe... just play comic Genesis... or ask Vargher!

and another thing i'll miss a lot is Cia Hedmark's vocals... the better female vocalist over the scene, but well... there aren't anything to do, yet.

And by the way, we need concerts in mexico, NICE concerts, so i'll ask Mr. Vintersorg to come here and make even one and little concert. But please, in your tracklist include astral and arcane, Isjungfrun and algol :p

thanks a lot, and please no flames :p if you want to show me your deepest feelings, please go to the hell, or mailme at carnal_jr AT terra DOT com DOT mx

AT=@
DOT=.
DOT=.

Thanks a lot for reading this stupid thread.

Hey......I don't know why I answer these questions/statements as music is a very subjective field

The new album is very vaster and more complex then the older ones, It just dosen't gives me anything to write the same album to infinity. The drumming is maybe the best ever recorded by my standard,he uses odd patterns and progreessive keys and that may take a while to digest..

I think that you have to listen to the album 10 times before you review/rate it. It's kinda deep and contains so many elements.
I choose to have female vocals on the early albums as it was fresh and something new, then hundreds of bands took that leap also and I moved on. Pogression is our middle name..hehehehe

mr V

Originally posted by Carnal Myer
oh well...

my CD review:
[BIGGGG... CUUUUUTTTTT...]

ROTFLx666! did you expect Cradle of Flith? i know, COF is cool band, because when you spin, you can't think... but Vintersorg is something different... i love older V albums, but new direction is better... i'd say more perspective, more unique thing...

No, if people don't like it, it's not much we can do about it. we wrote the album to satisfy ourselves firstly, and if you guys also like it, it's great. But if everybody hated it I would still have the same feelings towards it, I mean it's our best album to date from our perspective, we couldn't be more satisfied than this.

The problem is that many don't give it a fair chance, I mean it takes time to dig into an album like this, but then the life-lenght of it is the doubble, right? "hit albums" becomes boring after the tenth time, while it's a bout then you start to grasp "Visions.....

But I don't take the negative views personal or whatever, art is sooooo personal, as long as we know in our heart that we have created the most adventurous and exciting album so far it's enough...hehehe

Still I can't figure out that people that don't like the album spend so much time talking about it, I don't waste time on something I don't like, it's a major paradox in many aspects.

mr V

Originally posted by Vintersorg

The problem is that many don't give it a fair chance, I mean it takes time to dig into an album like this, but then the life-lenght of it is the doubble, right? "hit albums" becomes boring after the tenth time, while it's a bout then you start to grasp "Visions.....

yes

But I don't take the negative views personal or whatever, art is sooooo personal, as long as we know in our heart that we have created the most adventurous and exciting album so far it's enough...hehehe

yes, but it sometimes still hurts when ppl don't understand the
meaning of your art. I feel like that sometimes because I think
they'd like it from another perspective. At the same time neutral
or negative responses most often makes me wanna perform
better. And I really dislike ppl who always say "ok, i like. cool"
and can't really say what's cool about it. Sorry to say that it
makes me doubt. A genuine response is better than polite
comments... at least I think I know when ppl really mean it or not.

Still I can't figure out that people that don't like the album spend so much time talking about it, I don't waste time on something I don't like, it's a major paradox in many aspects.

I'm never gonna figure out that part either :confused:

Why do we talk about VFTSG if we don't like it?

I don't know for everyone, but my reason was that I couldn't accept not to like the new album while I totally fell in love with every other. And it is the same reason why I kept on listening "Visions". And I grew to like it better, but in a different way than the others. And I don't think I will get tired of listening any of Vintersorg's albums anytime soon.

@Mr V: Did you know your music is a very strong and addictive drug????

i can definitly safely say VFTSG definitly took a lot more for me to get into that previous releases, but the outcome was fantastic and it has got much rotation in the car and stereo :)

The best album ever!
The first time I listened to this stuff I felt just nothing... The best thing I did then was to listen to it again and again... and finally it became the best 2002 album of mine so far! Great compositions - "The Explorer" and vocal mixes, just woderful! "A star-guarded generation" and its calmness... "Universums dunkla Alfabet" and its keyboard climate. Noone esle can progress in such wonderful direction!

Franc ty lachociagu glupi :D witka na UM kochaniutki... tylko nam tu nie przywlecz jakis idiotow... :(

Is it just me or does anyone else think it's just plain rude to come to a musicians website and post a thread saying their newest album sucks. Especially an artist as genuine as Mr V. who actually takes the time to communicate with his fans via this message board...

If you dont like it, fine, but don't be so rude about it. Jesus Christ.

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
What do you mean Eldzik?

i mean... we know Franc, because he is Enter Chaos' website webmaster:lol: and there was "welcome" in polish:p