Now Playing: Visions From The Spiral Generator!!

Originally posted by Morningrise
I heard ESP Mirage on a radio show and to be honest, I wasn't ver pleased. I am sure I would need to give it growing time though, and I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy. I just wonder if it will beat Odemarkesn Son for me....
Same here. I had a hard time getting into ESP Mirage. I wondered what was wrong with me because a lot of people here went crazy over that track once the record was out and I was like "Huh? Why?"
Three days later I thought that I still didn't like it very much but I noticed that I was humming the song at work :D
It's still far from being my favourite song though.

I finally have VFTSG. I nearly returned it after listening to it twice. It is definitely not something I'd call a good Vintersorg album...It lacks too many things...the first is that it leaves me totally indifferent. The riffs are weak compared to the ones on his other albums, as well as the vocal lines. And the solos are just horrible. The album lacks melodic harmony. It is not half as good as Cosmic Genesis. It lacks general harmony and is discordant at some moments. I understand it is wanted to be so, but it is not something I like. I don't think someone needs to go chaotic to be original. Finally, I'll keep it just for the collection, but it'll never figure in my favorites albums.

Ill join the club, its gotta be Spegelsfaren as my fav of the album, that chorus is pure Mr V, love it.

@Niniel to each his own as always. I happen to disagree that it lacks that Vintersorg harmony as theres plenty of that (Spegelsfaren, Star-Guarded Coronation, The Explorer, Vem Styr Symmetrin?) Guitar work is terrific as well, just take the intro to Universums Dunkla Alfabet, even the wonderful solo in SGC, bass work is needless to say godly, the drums sound fuckin brilliant since its the first release with actual drums and not machine, Asgeir kicks on it, and all in all I think its a very solid release mr V should be proud of. It has weak points IMO which would prolly be Metaphysical Drama and ESP Mirage tho, their decent, theyre seemingly out of place for some reason.

Blah blah blah ;)

I still miss the overall harmony there was on other albums... And the album is good, but it lacks something and does not awake many emotions in me. Music is my drug...

by some kind of hazard i finally put my hands on that album (limited edition) , i am not a fan as much as before and i have to say it is far from be MR.V best album (the less good id say) i will not start to dissect and anaalyse the album to explain why it is so but i still preffer the earlier vintersorg. great album still. very good new band line up ! drums now sounds fine.

you must understand as an artist its all about progression, making the same kinda album over and over again is just dull and boring. If I wrote a "Till fjälls" part 2, you would calim that I had stagnate...so you don't t want that, maybe you think you do. Artistry is all about being honest to your emotions, and "visions ...is where we're at right now.

The album may have a vaster complexity, but be open-minded and give it a chance, when you've come through the exercise phase it's very rewarding, it has all Vintersorg elements, we've just expanded the concept.

mr V

I must admit that I prefered the old and artificial drumming. I have nothing against drum-machines and think that Mr V was doing a great job . In fact, I suffer severe arithmy(cardiac) ech time I listen to one of his old album...Is it my fault if my heart wants to follow the drums?????

@Mr V: I'm giving a chance to that new album of yours though.. I just discovered the beauty that is your former musical style(first time I listened to one of your album is less than a month ago), and you come up with a totally new style...I was not ready for that. Anyways, I like it more everytime I listen to it, but I miss the way you used to sing on the others....still, its evolution

Napalm Records and Nuclearblast are the biggest labels out there..

When they make Limited copys... they make about 50 000 to 100 000..

That's not how i think of limited..

Cause we all have timited don't we?

Nightwish newest album Century Child was made it 100 000 (the limited edition), and it was released before the original copy so it would be sold out 1st.. it was also copyrighted, the original copy is not..

Originally posted by Liandrin
it was also copyrighted, the original copy is not..

What do you mean the original wasn't copyrighted? It's the exact same Intellectual Property. Maybe they forgot to print it on the booklet, but it's still copyrighted. (Of course, I'm more familiar with US copyright law than the International sort...)