Now Playing: Visions From The Spiral Generator!!

Well, if you get a copy protected CD, it won't work on your computer. If that's true, then you have to use a permanent marker and cover up the data track (which is on the outside, I believe). But I haven't ever tried it. And there are other types of copy protection, but I've never heard of them being used yet.

Just don't blame me if you fuck up a CD of yours...

Originally posted by Vintersorg
The album may have a vaster complexity, but be open-minded and give it a chance, when you've come through the exercise phase it's very rewarding, it has all Vintersorg elements, we've just expanded the concept.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it has all the Vintersorg
elements, I feel some of the folk stuff is sort of missing.
But personally I like the new style!

When I first heard Visions I was a bit shocked. It was so
calm. But every time I listen to it now I find stranger and
stranger moments, and it all seems so twisted and crazy?
Hehe... Yeah, this album needs quite a few listens before
it clicks, and I have found an album I love :eek:)

I still have a hard time picking out a favourite... Maybe
"Vem Styr Symmetrin?", but I'm not sure...

Originally posted by The Nomad
Well, if you get a copy protected CD, it won't work on your computer. If that's true, then you have to use a permanent marker and cover up the data track (which is on the outside, I believe). But I haven't ever tried it. And there are other types of copy protection, but I've never heard of them being used yet.

Just don't blame me if you fuck up a CD of yours...

Maybe I'll just put it in my stereo... Heh, good idea...

Originally posted by DeadWinterDead
Yeah, but it's 18+, isn't it?

I might know the guy who puts the shows on here possibly allowing you entry. Anywho I am going to have a birthday fire over here on August 11th, you are welcome to come by. It feels like Northwoods in my backyard, yet I am in the city.
Caution: there will be beer and surprizes... other than that it's quiet hear.

regarding limited edition: The figures mentioned is wrong. "Visions from the spiral generator" is limited to 4000 or 5000, it depends, I don't know if the American version will have a limited edition?

mr V

Originally posted by SonOfAbyss

I might know the guy who puts the shows on here possibly allowing you entry. Anywho I am going to have a birthday fire over here on August 11th, you are welcome to come by. It feels like Northwoods in my backyard, yet I am in the city.
Caution: there will be beer and surprizes... other than that it's quiet hear.

Well, I'm only 15... Heh. But I don't know, perhaps. Is the Slayer/Soulfly/maybe In Flames concert 18+? It's at The Lab I hear...

@Nomad: I hope it works!

This is my very first Vintersorg album so I cant see the progress like most of you, nor have I heard any of the older stuff (soon my friends) but I must say that the new Vintersorg is my second favorite album of the year and also my 2nd favorite quote unquote black metal (well influenced) album. The songs are so fluid but retaining unexpected twists and turns. the clean vocals are great, and the grim vocals are totally brutal. the only other vintersorg performance ive heard is Empirisism and although The Genuine Pulse has my favorite vocal performance, Visions vocals and overall > Empiricism (sorry for comparing it to Borknagar, that probly annoys you mr. v but thats all I have to relate it to ) I love just picking up this album and listening to one instrument at a time and then just sit back and hear it all. it all comes together perfectly. my favorite songs are most certainly Universums Dunkua Aurabet, ESP Mirage, and A Star Guarded Coronation.. and who says those solos arent good? what are you talking about... I mean I know there are better but they are wayyyy above average. and there are some killer riffs.

I'm finally getting into the album! It only took 3 weeks, but I've done it! All the parts that used to annoy me, I'm starting to enjoy.

I still don't think it's as good as the previous albums, but I like it...

fave tracks are the same as every one else: Spegelfaren, Star Guided Coronation, Vem Styr Symmetrin, and ESP Mirage (excpet for the first verse... that super-high (for Mr. V) drives me nuts).

While the new album is certainly in a different league, it's still very much so Vintersorg. If you're not getting into it right away, listen to it on a good stereo! The recording is a bit thin it seems, following the trend for Scandinavian CDs to be thin and over-trebly (esp. the drums).. but on a good stereo it'll kick your ass and you'll get into it!

(I never understood how some people are really into music but listen to music on shitty stereos! I'm not pointing at anyone here- it's just an observation I've made from several occasions)

As for the music itself, I really dig all the songs on there except ESP Mirage. The chorus to Universums Dunkla Alfabet and that drum-machine "breakdown" (if you will) part are my favorite moments in the album. Progression isn't a bad thing!

Hehe.....I never felt VFTSG's recording was thin.......is that a sign I got a good stereo? ;)

About ESP Mirage: I had the same feeling about it first and it took me many spins to get into it. Then I still felt it was my least favourite track of the album...but I often find myself humming of all tracks ESP Mirage so this is confusing :D Is it my silent favourite track then?

Originally posted by Claudius Rex
(I never understood how some people are really into music but listen to music on shitty stereos! I'm not pointing at anyone here- it's just an observation I've made from several occasions)

Mostly because I can't really tell the difference between a good sound. I'm sure what I listen to can be made to sound better, but it already sounds plenty good. WTF do I care?

Originally posted by Claudius Rex

Ya! I hear ya, but the thing is I spend all my money
on cd's and therefor there's nothing left over for a
good stereo >:eek:P It sucks, but that's life... hehe....

Nah, old doesn't mean it sucks :)
I dunno.. I guess I was pretty into music before I got my first "real" stereo (was using boomboxes before that), but now that I've got myself a decent system I can't ever get into music unless it's on a reasonably nice system. It just doesn't give me the real feel unless the stereo can reproduce the real feel of the instruments/singers, which is also a key part of production/engineering.
What really sucks is when you get really good music with terrible production that sounds bad on any stereo! (the new CD by the Swedish band Hel comes to mind)
Like I said I didn't mean for my comment to be taken personally by anyone here, though it sounds a bit cocky. If what you have now works for ya then it works for ya.