New will putney mix

Hey wouldn't you know it! This doesn't clip like a motherfucker! It's not that hard Putney. I usually hate on the drum samples he uses, but I guess I don't have to since these don't really sound like his. Only time I've really dug his drums were on the new Stray From The Path album.

As for the band, they're alright. Nothing really stands out about them for me.

a little bit of clipping can actually be a good thing. to many people being to overly anal about even small amount's of clipping. will does great work and this is a prime example of how good his work is. even if the new structures album is clip city it actually grow's on you.

a little bit of clipping can actually be a good thing. to many people being to overly anal about even small amount's of clipping. will does great work and this is a prime example of how good his work is. even if the new structures album is clip city it actually grow's on you.

Not only that, it's just loud. No dynamics whatsoever.

This.
I will admit it gets quite fatiguing though

Not only that, it's just loud. No dynamics whatsoever.

that's what the songs and music overall called for on the Structures record.

it's all about serving the songs...... that's the most important thing and in that respect, Will always does an AMAZING job.

as said above, his mixes have fucking HEAPS of character, vibe and cohesion..... you can spot spot a Putney mix from a mile away.

that means he's doing something right.

:headbang:

I don't care what you people say... Pumping is the SHIT and so is an occasional clip. don't be pussyyssss

I actually love the mix on this record, it's probably my favorite drum sound, it's just so sharp and aggressive. I'd love to know what kit was used or what samples! I've been spending the last few days trying to create my own snare like this and it's damn difficult.

The clipping is way more apparent on the iTunes version than the cd which amazes me. Perhaps something happened in the conversion? Intersample peaks?

Well, those drums are aggressive.

Holy shit.

Yes, yes they do. I've been sending myself insane for 3 days trying something similar. Unfortunately the project I'm mixing at the moment had to be programmed, and I have a feeling that the natural snare is a big part of the sound on this one.

I think I ended up getting close
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39073940/Song1 Premaster 3.mp3

Still not aggressive enough though, I worked out that this sort of drum sound is lots of 600 - 1k, and a LOT of compression, and a lot of clipping.

if it helps, machine's favourite snare comp is the La-2a. I know that's not will, but they work together, and their mixes are kinda similar sometimes

Just bought their album and oh my fucking god, Putney did it again!

The Molotov Solution is stellar so as the Northlane.

def. one of my favourite mixers, unique and brutal.

One thing that turns me off a little is the very audible clipping when the right "lead" guitar comes in at the Molotov Solution album. I bought it online(7digital), do you guys have the same clipping? I don't think that it's based on a bad MP'3 but you never know... Just wanna make shure.

Mix sounds good, but my god. Of course the drums are going to sound fantastic when they're 90% of the mix. The guitars are buried.

And that video is going to take up the next hour of my work day.