New Year's Day Thread

Sep 25, 2001
How will you spend the New Year's Day? Going somewhere? Doing something?

I am off to Budapest and even though I'll freeze my butt off it'll be great!
You gotta love travellin' :D

Dreamy and I will be spending it here in Brisbane, at the South Bank watching fireworks, eating junk food, bitching about all the feral people who're out for the night (while wearing our unironed and - dare I say - unwashed clothes!:D), and generally having a good ol' time. Then, after 12, maybe walking into town and hitting a couple of bars before coming home, logging onto the net, and bitching about how the night was dead because Brisbane's so quiet ;)

Originally posted by Evilho

Fuck man this is the first new years' I'm not spending in Budapest :cry:
Where are you from? :)

I'm from Croatia

This is my second time to Budapest, the first time I was there I went to see Pearl Jam and they rocked :headbang:
If anyone disagrees with me that they really do rock, he can kiss my 403 butt :D

Budapest rules!

P.S. Hey Mark I'd like a Simpsons avatar! Send a bunch to this address: wlradio@anytimenow.com

I will spend New Year's Day harvesting souls for my breakfast.
I prefer virgins, becuase Nu-Metal fans taste like shit.

Originally posted by Mark
Dreamy and I will be spending it here in Brisbane, at the South Bank watching fireworks, eating junk food, bitching about all the feral people who're out for the night (while wearing our unironed and - dare I say - unwashed clothes!:D), and generally having a good ol' time. Then, after 12, maybe walking into town and hitting a couple of bars before coming home, logging onto the net, and bitching about how the night was dead because Brisbane's so quiet ;)

The lot of us were planning on having another private party in the comfort of a flat in our home town but then we decided that kind of a party would be eeriely (?) similar to the last gazillion New Year's Days before so we decided some travellin was due..... You 2 should come to Budapest and meet with my merry bunch :)

Long way to come from Australia tho :eek: (the code for this smiley is "eek" cool :D )

Hey 403, I can't tell you how grateful I am for Hajduk kicking ugly fucking ass of Ferencváros in the Champions League qualifiers!!!

I've been to Croatia three or four times (Zadar, Rovinj, erm, forgot the rest :) ), the coast is fucking beautiful.

Hey 403, I can't tell you how grateful I am for Hajduk kicking ugly fucking ass of Ferencváros in the Champions League qualifiers!!!

I've been to Croatia three or four times (Zadar, Rovinj, erm, forgot the rest :) ), the coast is fucking beautiful.

Not a very big fan of football but if you say so then the Croats won't be very popular in Budapest this year :D

Tell me, 'round new year's time, what are the temperatures in Budapest? Below zero? Should I bring a jacket? :D

this is me freezin my butt off in Hungary: :bah:

:tickled: :tickled:

Oh yeah, Adriatic Coast is great, the downside is that most of Europe also thinks it's very relaxing, thus making it very hard to find a free square cm on the beach for you :(

Below zero for sure, especially during the night. Expect a little snow too. So, bring the jacket - and fucking gloves if you want to use your fingers in early January :D

Oh, and don't miss the fireworks over the Danube between the Parliament and the Castle Hill at midnight!!!! Very beautiful!!:)

Below zero for sure, especially during the night. Expect a little snow too. So, bring the jacket - and fucking gloves if you want to use your fingers in early January :D

Oh, and don't miss the fireworks over the Danube between the Parliament and the Castle Hill at midnight!!!! Very beautiful!!:)

I love fireworks they are great but I don't think I'll be seeing any of it since my eyelids will be frozen shut :zzz:

There's also the thing that we'll be located in a village just outside of the city so maybe we'll be celebrating there

But I'd love to see the fireworks

while this is me in the coast of Praia Grande, Brazil in the meantime: :headbang:

:heh:

Oh, I have to add, the coast of Croatia is TOO fucking expensive!!!!! Isn't it? :cry:

If Croatia is expensive then what is Monaco? I've heard you have to sell your car for a drink of water there :D

The thing is things are cheap in Cro if you know where to find them, to a regular tourist that doesn't know his way around it's a bit expensive, yes

You're not gojng to Brazil for New Year's, are you? :tickled:

No, not to Brazil, because I'm already here, but to Praia Grande yes :) I'm here in São Paulo since September with my girlfriend and will stay until around June :)

What is the name of that village?

Dunno, we're going to a youth rally and we don't know where exactly we'll be sent to. All I know that it is outside of Budapest.

How's it going in Sao Paolo anyway? Any good shows? :headbang: