New Year's resolutions

Check the learning Swedish thread? For what?:S I have no desire to learn Swedish.:S

:rolleyes:

this resolution is born when i had to bring all my books upstair for the floading. it was an huge arduousness!!!! :lol:
my boyfriend told me "i'm gonna kill you if you're going to buy a new book!!!!"
the day after i've been given 2 books as gift for christmas, i looked at him and said "they don't count! they are presents :p"

Well you said you needed to get exercise, there you go! Carry your books up and down your house! :p

So, my list:

- improve my Japanese
- improve my Spanish
- improve my Swedish
- learn Gothic
- start writing my bachelor thesis
- don't drink and smoke that much
- get a part-time job (arubaito, hehe :p)

YEAH Gothic! I've always wanted to learn that, I should buy the book on Gothic on Amazon. Vielleicht können wir es gemeisam lernen? :kickass:

アルバイはおもしろいものですのでドイツの言葉です。ははははは!外来語ですね?:)

Six packs of beer cure six packs of abs. =)

I should drink more beer, I love beer (and take out all those typical metal stereotypes —which I hate—), but the problems is that the ones here are horrible except for one. And the imported ones (I just discovered Kriek —not BelleVue, but Longman's I think—) are only available in an 'exclusive' supermarket, which is not near my house. But I should go there and buy good beer more often now.

i don't want to eat less!!!! :lol:
i just would like to do some exercise for my health, because exercise is good.
but i'm lazy...and i hate all kind of sports...
so probably it will remain a resolution and not a reality :lol:

if you eat healthy, excercise, and stay in shape you won't feel lazy, and you will have more energy. Carrying books upstairs will become easy, but you will have to train. You will feel better about everything.

These are my resolutions for 2010:

1. Finally quit smoking
2. Start working out again (started 83456812495 times in 2009...)
3. Get another job
4. Buy less DVDs
5. Buy More BluRays (600+ DVDs, but only 4 BR cant be good)
6. Buy more CDs (Want to reach the 1.000 this year)
7. Get another Tattoo
8. Win the lotto- jackpot
9. Build a zombie-safe House :zombie:
10. Get rid of people, who are still way too present in my life
11. Grow a beard that looks good, or at least okay
12. Visit NY, Iceland, Tokyo, Shanghai and some other places

Okay, some of them are more realistic than others ( i dont think, i will ever grow a goodlooking beard...:cry:).

YEAH Gothic! I've always wanted to learn that, I should buy the book on Gothic on Amazon. Vielleicht können wir es gemeisam lernen? :kickass:

THere will be a course in my uni next term and I really hope I will be able to choose it since I will be having a lot to do... But if I actually will be able to do so, we could start the same time ;)
On gotisch.de there is a quite decent Gothic course in German.

アルバイはおもしろいものですのでドイツの言葉です。ははははは!外来語ですね?:

Sorry, but I have only been learning for not even a whole term now... :oops:
Something about arubaito and Germany o_O
We haven't learnt a Kanji, yet. ^^'[/QUOTE]

Here is my list:

- Do healthy life
- Go without smoking :Smokin:
- Don't be lazy
- Don't drink too much :kickass:
- Learn some language (perhaps Italian)
- Improve my English
- Travel outside Europe (Japan or USA)

For people who wants to improve their Spanish, I am ready to speak in Spanish with them, hehehehe.

Happy new year!!

Six packs of beer cure six packs of abs. =)
:lol: 5 years of no exercising didn't help, hmm dunno if six packs of beer will: never tried that one as i don't drink beer... :p
if you eat healthy, excercise, and stay in shape you won't feel lazy, and you will have more energy. Carrying books upstairs will become easy, but you will have to train. You will feel better about everything.
those are my mom's lines :lol::p

don't think that being lazy can be helped though, but i guess it's a good thing one wants to get rid of laziness... i know i'm bad: i love being lazy, it just feels so good and i'm totally not ashamed :devil:don't think i'll ever be less lazy :lol:

quit smoking is a nice one though, for those who do smoke of course!

:
don't think that being lazy can be helped though, but i guess it's a good thing one wants to get rid of laziness... i know i'm bad: i love being lazy, it just feels so good and i'm totally not ashamed :devil:don't think i'll ever be less lazy :lol:

quit smoking is a nice one though, for those who do smoke of course!

Hehehe, I like to lay over sometimes, but I hate when the laziness conquers me, and I stop doing things funniest.... :lol:

i eat very few and healthy and still i need to loose some weight.
yeah i know exercice would help but i totally hate this. it's not in my DNA....i would rather cut one finger than doing 2 hours of exercise :lol:
anyway i still don't understand why i'm not able to loose weight. my blood values are really low, like choresterol and sugar, that means i'm not eating too much fat or sugar (was it pure sugar or pasta or bread) :cry:

i eat very few and healthy and still i need to loose some weight.
yeah i know exercice would help but i totally hate this. it's not in my DNA....i would rather cut one finger than doing 2 hours of exercise :lol:
anyway i still don't understand why i'm not able to loose weight. my blood values are really low, like choresterol and sugar, that means i'm not eating too much fat or sugar (was it pure sugar or pasta or bread) :cry:

Well the thing is that Italian food has a lot of flour, so the problem is that in the end that flour becomes sugar. When you eat a piece of bread, that becomes sugar. I'm actually amazed that there are fat Europeans because you walk a lot in Europe. I wish I could do that here, just go and walk around at night without fear of being robbed. When I was in Europe I lost around 8 kilos just by walking, and I (h)ate a lot of McDonald's because it was the cheapest meal I could get. I ate there around 3 times or more per week, but was as healthy as ever because of all the walking.

Well the thing is that Italian food has a lot of flour, so the problem is that in the end that flour becomes sugar. When you eat a piece of bread, that becomes sugar. I'm actually amazed that there are fat Europeans because you walk a lot in Europe. I wish I could do that here, just go and walk around at night without fear of being robbed. When I was in Europe I lost around 8 kilos just by walking, and I (h)ate a lot of McDonald's because it was the cheapest meal I could get. I ate there around 3 times or more per week, but was as healthy as ever because of all the walking.

yes i know that, but flour is better than saturated fat, element that isn't so present in italian cooking. we usually use oil instead of butter (specially uncooked olive oil) , and we don't eat so much sauces or fried food compared to the USA...
mediterranean cooking has been always considered quite healthy....

yes i know that, but flour is better than saturated fat, element that isn't so present in italian cooking. we usually use oil instead of butter (specially uncooked olive oil) , and we don't eat so much sauces or fried food compared to the USA...
mediterranean cooking has been always considered quite healthy....

Of course, of course! I wasn't criticizing, I was just explaining :) :p .

Just a thought... you don't need to permanently change your diet to lose weight. It's best if you decide, ok, for 6 months I'm eating nothing but veggies and baked fish and just cutting out most of the fat and extra calories from my diet. Usually that'll start your body on a crash course to losing weight. If you can exercise, that's even better, but it takes a lot of motivation to do that every day.

Once you're at a weight you're comfortable with, you can start eating again the foods that you like. Not that fish and veggies are not delicious. But you'll find that you'll be much more moderate in how you consume, so it'll be easy to not regain that weight. Calories matters the most... stuff that's really fatty is super caloric anyway, but if you consume 2,500-3,000 calories of veggies a day and you don't exercise or move around, you'll still still gain / retain weight. Conversely, losing weight requires you balance your calories with how much physical activity you perform.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

As for how to manage your calories (and it includes metric), Mayo Clinic, which is like the best hospital in the U.S., has a calculator:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/calorie-calculator/NU00598

My solution is to work out a lot, because it allows me to eat relatively guilt-free. That doesn't mean I'm eating tacos and cheeseburgers every day because I need relatively healthy food to maintain my strength, but if I get drunk and have a pizza before bed during the weekend I don't have any regrets. =)

I lift weights and run on my treadmill so I don't feel so guilty when I have some cookies and ice cream. I try to eat only wheat bread, drink lowfat milk, and don't eat lots of beef. Beef gets jammed in the intestines like white bread. Eating too much of this can back your system up and cause severe constipation, or even fecal impaction.

The BMI is utter nonsense, ignore it.

The BMI was introduced in the early 19th century by a Belgian named Lambert Adolphe Jacques Quetelet. He was a mathematician, not a physician. He produced the formula to give a quick and easy way to measure the degree of obesity of the general population to assist the government in allocating resources. In other words, it is a 200-year-old hack.

Oh yeah...