New Year's resolutions

Elvina

Tree-Hugging Space Elf
Jan 11, 2009
the lowlands
www.myspace.com
I know that people of some countries are familiar with such thing as "New Year's resolutions" while in others they don't have this tradition. Basically, it's a commitment that an individual makes to a project or the reforming of a habit, often a lifestyle change that is generally interpreted as advantageous. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day. Some examples include resolutions to donate to the poor more often, to become more assertive, or to become more environmentally responsible. What're yours? ;)

I don't have anything global like that, i just have more of a "to do list" :)
First off, a recap of my 2009:
1. get a pagan tattoo - didn't happen (yet)
2. get to meet Týr, make pictures with them, have a chat, the usual stuff... :) - I was extremely happy to meet Heri and the band, which happened even 3 times this year!! :D
3. go to Norway on a vacation - didn't happen (again!!) :cry:
4. learn Norwegian - only got 2 or 3 lessons and obviously haven't learned much :cry:
5. see Opeth live - didn't happen :cry:
6. dye my hair red - tried that but the ammonia free hairdye didn't help a bit, so i'm the usual dark haired self yet :rolleyes:

now for my 2010:
1. get a pagan tattoo :lol:
2. go to Norway and/or Sweden - hmm i might have more luck this time, especially if some special band is going to play there, and not anywhere near me...
3. see Opeth live (which now definitely should happen because i already got the tickets!) :D and hopefully meet Mikael too!
4. meet and talk to mr.V (which i didn't do last time because i was extremely afraid... :oops:)
5. socialize more and make more good friends (which i almost don't have right now :cry:)
6. Buy a new computer
7. Move to another place

hmm cannot think of anything else right now... :rolleyes:

I have 2 really important things to do for this year:

1-Finish my thesis
2-Find a good job (This implies to cut off my hair). To this I added to get it on Santiago, where if I can make it I'll live with my best friend.

Another things: release my very delayed EP, release 2 LP with a couple of bands, play live a lot, etx.

1. Save enough money to go see my daughter.
2. Get back to the gym.
3. Get back in school.
4. Get my cartoon pitch completed and sent to Adult Swim.

I have 2 really important things to do for this year:

1-Finish my thesis
2-Find a good job (This implies to cut off my hair). To this I added to get it on Santiago, where if I can make it I'll live with my best friend.

Another things: release my very delayed EP, release 2 LP with a couple of bands, play live a lot, etx.

What's your thesis about?

I hope everyone's resolutions can be fulfilled or achieved! :kickass:

Mine:

01. Get more exercise, eat less, i.e. loose weight.
02. Lower my diabetes' numbers.
03. Try to be more patient with my (future) students.
04. Try to get a job at a different place.
05. Finally start doing the band with my friend and play more bass.
06. Try not to kill my former tutor and my thesis director.
07. Try to continue being a hypocrite and smile/talk to them when I see them at work.
08. Not wanting to punch/puke on the previously mentioned persons every time I see them.
09. Improve my relationships with friends.
10. Try to be a tad less arrogant (unlikely, but might as well write it).
11. Buy the following releases in every possible version: Universal, We Are the Void (despite the horrible cover) and Vintersorg.
12. Finally buy every Mr V CD (all projects).
13. Complete my Borknagar LP collection.
14. Spend less on CDs so I can buy a new computer (ah ha ha, see the irony?)
15. So: Buy CDs only of the bands I really like (such as the former three), instead of every band that I like.
16. Try to not get carried away when going to local metal stores here.
17. Try to get along more with my youngest sister (augh just starting here teens).
18. Get excellent grades (as usual ;)) in the English-Spanish translation M.A.
19. Post less on metal forums :lol: .
20. Buy and actually play the PS2 games that I've been missing (Beyond Good and Evil, FF XII, etc.)
21. Buy more PS3 games.
22. Make love to my girl more often.
23. Buy more books in German (Bertolt Brecht, hier I kommt).

That's about it hahaha :p .

lovely list Defiance :lol: i like it how you mix business with pleasure :kickass:
1. i thought you looked rather skinny on your flickr pictures, if i remember right? :rolleyes: or did you gain much weight lately?
10. if you think you should be less arrogant then you are probably not arrogant enough, so you might just as well skip this point :p
19. :lol: uhm... :rolleyes: ...nah! :p

lovely list Defiance :lol: i like it how you mix business with pleasure :kickass:
1. i thought you looked rather skinny on your flickr pictures, if i remember right? :rolleyes: or did you gain much weight lately?
10. if you think you should be less arrogant then you are probably not arrogant enough, so you might just as well skip this point :p
19. :lol: uhm... :rolleyes: ...nah! :p

Haha thanks! Well I was very fat in the Steve Smith pics (bag doesn't help), but I've lost some weight since then. I need to loose more, though.
Well it's gotten to the point that my tutor said I write in a 'petulant' tone, but then again I think that that fat bitch hates me.
Ah haha well posting is indeed lots of fun :) .

I have one: finish my dissertation and get the fuck out of grad school with a professorship. It's not a resolution, it's a sacred oath to Odin. :p

Hear hear! :kickass:

*Go hiking in some beautiful places.
*Finish my drivers licence( it's embarrasing how I procrastinate it)
*Keep me busy by reading interesting books and watching movies I've yet to watch. Mainly during boring weather and time.
*Be nice to my mom
*Throw a moving in party(just bought an apartment) and Dio party.
*Be more confident socially and take initiative
*learn to be a good cook

i've no particular important or urgent resolution for 2010. i only hope it will be a better year than 2009, which was horrible under so many aspects.

anyway i'll try to make a short list with no particular order:

-be more active and less lazy, try to do some exercise and hopefully loose some weight....
-stay less in front of the pc, which i think it will be very difficult to do :lol:
-buy new lens fo my photocamera and find more time to practice
-see more concerts of course, this year has been a little bit boring under this aspect
-hope to do a good vacation somewhere
-finish to furnish my home
-maybe look for a new job, something it's probably moving on this side
-paint more
-spend less on books :lol:
-listen to more music :p

i'm surely forgetting a lot of things :)

- Continue learning as much Mandarin as possible
- Improve my German
- Learn as much Italian as possible
- Start learning Spanish and/or French
- Continue eating right and working out
- Travel more
- Earn some money
- Devote more time to friends
- ... whatever.

^ :) .

It doesn't matter too much, since I'm thinking on to make a new one.

Now I have a decision to take before any other thing, it's one of the hardest that I've ever taken.

Oh well I still want to know both the old and new topics, if I may :) .

i've no particular important or urgent resolution for 2010. i only hope it will be a better year than 2009, which was horrible under so many aspects.

anyway i'll try to make a short list with no particular order:

-be more active and less lazy, try to do some exercise and hopefully loose some weight....
-stay less in front of the pc, which i think it will be very difficult to do :lol:
-buy new lens fo my photocamera and find more time to practice
-see more concerts of course, this year has been a little bit boring under this aspect
-hope to do a good vacation somewhere
-finish furnishing my home
-maybe look for a new job, something it's probably moving on this side
-paint more
-spend less on books :lol:
-listen to more music :p

i'm surely forgetting a lot of things :)

Buy less books is a stupid resolution, there's nothing as 'too many books' :) .

Vampyrian, check the Learning Swedish thread :) .

Buy less books is a stupid resolution, there's nothing as 'too many books' :) .

Vampyrian, check the Learning Swedish thread :) .

this resolution is born when i had to bring all my books upstair for the floading. it was an huge arduousness!!!! :lol:
my boyfriend told me "i'm gonna kill you if you're going to buy a new book!!!!"
the day after i've been given 2 books as gift for christmas, i looked at him and said "they don't count! they are presents :p"

it's funny how everybody would like to eat less and exercise more, except me :lol::oops: i don't eat that much anyway, but i do hate any forms of fitness after i've been doing it 1 hour x 3 times a week x 5 years long, with weights and all :puke: i accidentally got myself a six-pack muscles (which is totally ugly on a girl!!) which i cannot get rid of until this day, after i stopped any exercising like 5 years ago... so i'm totally out of shape and don't give a rats ass, but i know it's good for you so i'd say go for it!! ;):kickass:

it's funny how everybody would like to eat less and exercise more, except me :lol::oops: i don't eat that much anyway, but i do hate any forms of fitness after i've been doing it 1 hour x 3 times a week x 5 years long, with weights and all :puke: i accidentally got myself a six-pack muscles (which is totally ugly on a girl!!) which i cannot get rid of until this day, after i stopped any exercising like 5 years ago... so i'm totally out of shape and don't give a rats ass, but i know it's good for you so i'd say go for it!! ;):kickass:

i don't want to eat less!!!! :lol:
i just would like to do some exercise for my health, because exercise is good.
but i'm lazy...and i hate all kind of sports...
so probably it will remain a resolution and not a reality :lol:

So, my list:

- improve my Japanese
- improve my Spanish
- improve my Swedish
- learn Gothic
- start writing my bachelor thesis
- don't drink and smoke that much
- get a part-time job (arubaito, hehe :p)

i don't want to eat less!!!! :lol:
i just would like to do some exercise for my health, because exercise is good.
but i'm lazy...and i hate all kind of sports...
so probably it will remain a resolution and not a reality :lol:
oops, me and my big mouth :X i didn't mean to discourage you :p i just know exactly how it feels: being lazy and hating sports doesn't help at all :lol: