New Year's Eve

freakbrother6969

Senior Pothead
Feb 22, 2003
Rudolfshome Fivehouse - Vienna
Visit site
This is the "What to do on New Years Eve"-thread.

I had been on some very boring NewYear'sEveparties. That's why I desided some years ago, to celebrate only at a metalconcert or comedyshows, because it's fun anyway. No matter if New Year or not. It's easyer to be in a good mood, if someone entertains you.

This year, I'm going to a metal-concert with my wife and some friends.
Tiamat, Pain, Theater of Tragedy and Sirenia will perform.
After the show, some band members (probably Peter Taegtren) will be DJs till the morning.
Where do you go on NYE?
Happy New Year!
Drinks & Aspirin for all my friends :headbang:

I always have a good drinking party with my friends on NYE. We wander through the city, have fun and drink a lot, I hope this one is not gonna be an exception.

I've done all the stupid New Years Parties that are at hotels. They all suck. First of all, I went with my girlfriend the two times that we went. They advertise open bar but the only thing available is Bud, Bud Light, and "begging for a brutal hangover" cheap ass champagne. Also, they advertise dinner but it's more like cheap ass buffet. All for 150 and it doesn't even inlude the hotel room which is extra. Stopped doing that shit. Also, nobody single goes. You might get lucky though. I went one year with my g/f and these two chicks invited me up to their room for some action. Of course I didn't go. Shit like this only happens when you're taken.

I've also gone to show on new years. Twice. First time, I caught the Violent Femmes. It was OK. Second, I saw Ozzy in Phoenix with Megadeth, Slayer and Pantera. Scott Ian was there and played with Dimebag. Slayer's sound or Megadeth's, I can't remember which was all fucked up. Total rip off. Ozzy fucked up and played right through midnight. everyone was like "what the fuck" in the stands.

This year, I'm working. Every year that I've worked, I'm made some decent cheddar. This year my co-workers at my new gig are telling me that I should expect anywhere between 500 and 1000 bucks just for new years eve night. I'd rather do that than go to a party. Plus I drink all night for free and make out with the single yound lady customers.

i usually just hang out with close friends,my best mate lives on 5 acres and u can make a tonne of noise so it could be a backyarder this year,not to keen on going to any clubs as its always a cunt to get home.

:D Probably go down to Orange County, CA and go out w/my girlfriends. Not into the Vegas Strip as it is let alone on one of the busiest nights of the year.

I believe that who you choose to be with on New Years Eve is who you are detined to be with throughout the year. It's bad luck to go out with someone you don't want to be around for the rest of the year. Romanticly, it's too much of a mental commitment for me to hang out w/a guy I don't know if (or know I don't) want around for the rest of the year. Best bet: hangin' w/the girls.

Skorned1 said:
:D Probably go down to Orange County, CA and go out w/my girlfriends. Not into the Vegas Strip as it is let alone on one of the busiest nights of the year.

I believe that who you choose to be with on New Years Eve is who you are detined to be with throughout the year. It's bad luck to go out with someone you don't want to be around for the rest of the year. Romanticly, it's too much of a mental commitment for me to hang out w/a guy I don't know if (or know I don't) want around for the rest of the year. Best bet: hangin' w/the girls.

Yeah, I never go downtown on the 4th of July here in DC. Way too crowded and the cops are bustin balls everywhere you go. I pay off the security at my building and set up camp on the roof and watch the fireworks there. We bring up a bbq and a cooler full of beer and have the best view without all the hassle. Plus, my apt is only a few floors down.

AlexStomp said:
Yeah, I never go downtown on the 4th of July here in DC. Way too crowded and the cops are bustin balls everywhere you go. I pay off the security at my building and set up camp on the roof and watch the fireworks there. We bring up a bbq and a cooler full of beer and have the best view without all the hassle. Plus, my apt is only a few floors down.
Very smart, but how friggin cold is it on the roof of your building in DC?

Sorry, I strayed away from the subject of the thread. I was just referring to another holiday where everyone goes out.

I love going out on Christmas night by the way. I go to this bar down the street from my mom's house. Its like a high school reunion. I laugh at all the people because it's like the cool kids in high school became losers and the losers became cool. And last night I made out with some girl that went to my high school but her older sister was in my class.

Skorned1 said:
Isn't it great? I love irony!

Irony is great !! I wasn't a loser in high school. I was just the shy quiet type. All scrawny. I had my share of friends but it's not like I was getting invited to many of the parties. I've filled out pretty nicely and most of the people I bump into that I went to high school with don't even recognize me. A couple of years ago, I made out with this girl that I had the biggest crush on and she had no idea who I was. I never told her either. She gave me her number and I never called.

Crazy! I can't believe you never said anything! That would eat me alive. I would HAAAAAVE to say something! I have limited inner monolougue.

I see. That's still awsome, tho. She got her Karma. If you're nice to everyone you get the world, you're a bitch you get nothing. However, if someone's an asshole to me 1st, watch out. I have a low tollerance for arrogance and rudeness and have found it my duty to notify the offenders.