New Year's Eve

I'm doing what I always do on New Year's Eve, which is stay home and make a dinner that we only make that night (grilled ham and swiss on rye, and pigs in a blanket). Both NYE and July 4th have burned us out on dealing with drunk drivers. I asked for the night off and volunteered for New Year's Day instead (where the holiday pay is). My parents may or may not come over that night. They usually do, but this year they're acting all weird because they own a house now.

Don't yet maybe a hotel room with the wife but it depends on baby sitters, etc. I really don't want to go anywhere. I'd rather take the wife out for a nice evening after the holidays.

Ian, I'm on the West side. I commute between Vegas, Orange County and LA. 3 BOYS?!?!? By God! I thought I was going crazy w/one girl. But she's crazy like mom so I don't know what I was expecting. That's my little angel.

Great deal on the new home. Congrats, I got a simmilar deal w/my x-father in law to home base myself in Vegas. It's best for her and that's why we're here huh?

AlexStomp said:
I hear the Vegas burbs are sprawling like crazy !! Subdivisions popping up like mushrooms after a summer rain.
Yes! It's crazy! And people are moving in in droves. Next year it's predicted that there is going to be another boom in prices. I could have gotten my house for 1/2 the price if I had bought just one year ago!

Real estate is out of my reach here. Which is why I rent. I'm expecting it to drop off. How the fuck can anyone afford a $750,000 two bedroom condo in my neighborhood??

AlexStomp said:
Real estate is out of my reach here. Which is why I rent. I'm expecting it to drop off. How the fuck can anyone afford a $750,000 two bedroom condo in my neighborhood??
And I thought that California was bad. My 3 bedroom Townhome w/2car garage was $215,000 and I think I overpaid for the area. California would be $4-500,000 for the same.

I used to save my money for future real estate investment. I think now I'll just save for a house boat and sail the world! I can't wait for the summer. The beach is the fountain of youth. I'm there like every week.

Speaking of investments. Being a serious fan of a band is an investment of time, passion and money. You only really find that in metal huh?