New York Metal '84

DarbysDad

Timmy! Timmy!!! Timmy!!!
Jun 19, 2003
BLF, CA
Visit site
I found this compliation that includes Overkill in my vinyl collection on Saturday or was it Friday night. Anyway in the liner notes on the back cover it has a thank you to Scott and Charlie and mentions a club after their names, which I forgot. Anyway no mention of Anthrax and no last names, so I was wondering if this is the Scott and Charlie we know or just some club promoters. If Mr. Wu or any New York thraxters know anything please post.

Gracias Mi Amigos.

It probably is Scott and Charlie. I believe early on Overkill were on MegaForce at the same time Anthrax were. My memory is a little foggy about the timeframe but I remember going to a few shows (perhaps at L'Amours in Brooklyn NY)where Overkill opened for Anthrax (or SOD?) not sure which but they were definitely the opening act.

The Anthrax is/was a club in Connecticut that was big on hardcore bands back in the 80s! I even remember on Gorilla Biscuits' thank you list on one of their rceords, they thank: "Anthrax (not the band)"

I haven't checked my record yet and trying to find more info on the compliation on the web. I've some band web sites and brief listing album ratings at lungbarrow.

It was us I believe. We saw each other quite a bit back then. I saw Metallica at the Rio Theater in 1983 I think with a band called Takashi opening.

cool - Takashi is on the album - sorry for the harping - I'm a real laid back fan. I say high and that's about it. Said hey to Charlie at the What Doesn't Die shoot. And sort of High to You and John when you pulled up that day. Ran into Joey Vera on the way to the pisser that day - If I didn't buy the Trip Through Red Times video I wouldn't have recognized him because he doesn't do the long hair anymore.

Would have approached you in 1986 on the tour with DRI, COC, Posessed and No Mercy but I didn't want to embarass my 18 year old ass drunk on Old English. I still remember Mike Muir coming out while Joey B took a break.

Okay now I'm done - keep kicking ass. :kickass: