newamp. :)

Seems Krank isn't sold anywhere around here though, but if I could find one of those used I'd consider it.

It's a bit of a joke really. Every time I've been in the market for a new amp I've wanted one of these, but no. The only one I can find was £799 secondhand (with the two mini cabs tho)

i got one of those little bitches last year on scratch & dent from MF for $380...and when the thing got here, it was still factory-sealed in the box. i think i stumbled across the S&D listing on their site even after the S&D deal was gone, because i had to wait like 10 mins. on the phone while ordering while some dude talked to his boss...

but anyways, yea, these are awesome little amps, and have way more balls than anyone would expect from something so small

last band i recorded came through and wanted to use their crap-ass marshall MG 1/2 stack. i told them to leave it the fuck at home the next time they came...i don't they lended much credence to my krank and 2x12 cab until i turned that bitch up and let loose, then they just shit themselves all over.

now i just need to scrape together $300 to get this 5150 from a buddy of mine, and i'll be in the same boat as yourself :kickass:

a nice one ryan, after owning one, id much prefer to have the pro version (has the presence control on the back panel) only caus i was never happy with the endless battle with the sweep knob, hope you enjoy it though dude!

a lot of people seem to struggle with the sweep knob...

the way i set my tone with the rev jr. is to turn all EQ knobs up to 10 and the sweep and gain at 12 o'clock...then i sweep the sweep knob back and forth while playing the guitar, and listen to what position sounds best. due to different wood, pickups, etc. each guitar is going to have a completely different sweet spot that best brings out its character. when i find that spot, i roll back the lows until the flub is gone, roll back the mids until the honk disappears, and dial back the high until the fizz is in check. after that, adjust gain and master to taste, and you should have some fucking ripping tone.

also, don't be afraid to go to extremes with the sweep...i've gotten some really fucking cool sounds by turning the sweep all the way up, with the lows dimed out and the mid/highs turned down to like 2...you can also get cool shit by doing the opposite and keeping the sweep way down with mids and highs cranked.

and i don't know if you guys have the same issue as me, but the only problem i have with the rev jr. is the MASSIVE amount of hiss/sizzle that you get from the high freq. knob, regardless of where the sweep is set...but running a TS in front gets rid of it for me

For anyone wondering, that's the 20 watts version.

Too bad Krank's European distribution is almost non-existent. I don't know what's going on with them but I heard that the company (after quite some initial success) really has to struggle nowadays.

I'd be so bummed out if my Rev Jr. Pro ever dies on me. It made touring so much more comfortable and if you get a grip on the sweep, you can get phenomenal tones out of it.

A good mahogany guitar, EMGs a TS, a half-decent-cab and you'll have peoples' jaws dropping. Also one of the best, if not the best, clean channel that I've ever heard on a high gain amp.

yes! the clean fucking rules on this amp!

i've also seen people get amazing overdriven blues tones by pushing the kleen channel into breakup

i haven't done so myself, because i have no desire to, but the ability is definitely there

Would you be so kind as to record your krank through orange cab? I'm thinking of buying one 2x12 for my rev jr.
btw Sweet tone! Love it!

Krank seems to be disappearing, but I'm in love with my amp. I've played the 20w and 50w and they are amazingly similar to my Revolution 1. I'll try to get some clips posted soon.

Was looking into getting one of these over in europe for the last while and now can't find anywhere that stocks them that will ship to Ireland. I'd love to have one since I've got a good chunk of the other bases covered. Peavey, Engl, Marshall and I don't have the moolah to get into the mesa camp

It's a mid sweep, it controls the focus of the mids. From really flubby loose to overly tight focused and scooped. Seen as "contour" on some other amps.

It's the key to it's versatility but also the biggest nightmare for some. I like it a lot. Not only do I use it for different tones but also to rectify the differences between different guitars and pickups.

hey man, how heavy is it?

they aren't heavy at all...maybe 10 pounds?

what exactly does sweep do?

it changes the frequencies of the EQ knobs...turn the sweep knob to the left, and they affect lower frequencies...turn to the right, and they affect higher frequencies

the sweep knob on this amp also affects ALL EQ knobs, not just the mid control...this is why i set all the EQ's to 10 and find the sweet spot with the sweep when i'm setting the amp, and then use the EQ to cut out what i don't want.

good tips on setting tone with a Krank, colonel. you have to tackle the sweep knob first. if you try tweaking it once you have already gone through treble, mids, bass, etc. you will hate it. that's when it feels so touchy and almost impossible to dial in.

i like to play blues and the Rev1's 'Kleen' channel with an SD-1 in front sounds really good for that stuff. however it is VERY loud, so i usually use the Blackheart for that stuff.

it changes the frequencies of the EQ knobs...turn the sweep knob to the left, and they affect lower frequencies...turn to the right, and they affect higher frequencies

the sweep knob on this amp also affects ALL EQ knobs, not just the mid control...this is why i set all the EQ's to 10 and find the sweet spot with the sweep when i'm setting the amp, and then use the EQ to cut out what i don't want.

You're right, it affects all the EQ-knobs, but it's still technically a mid-sweep because it gives you a frequency hump that you can "sweep" through the whole mid register, from the low-mids to the high-mids.

And accordingly to which frequency band is bumped, the EQ knobs react differently.

:)