newamp. :)

a nice one ryan, after owning one, id much prefer to have the pro version (has the presence control on the back panel) only caus i was never happy with the endless battle with the sweep knob, hope you enjoy it though dude!
The best purchase I ever made Mark! :)

Was looking into getting one of these over in europe for the last while and now can't find anywhere that stocks them that will ship to Ireland. I'd love to have one since I've got a good chunk of the other bases covered. Peavey, Engl, Marshall and I don't have the moolah to get into the mesa camp
Your best bet is to buy second hand like I did really. I couldn't find anywhere that sold them in Europe either, so when Mark was selling his and I had a trip to England coming up, it worked out handy for me to just pick it up over there! :)

they aren't heavy at all...maybe 10 pounds?

it changes the frequencies of the EQ knobs...turn the sweep knob to the left, and they affect lower frequencies...turn to the right, and they affect higher frequencies

the sweep knob on this amp also affects ALL EQ knobs, not just the mid control...this is why i set all the EQ's to 10 and find the sweet spot with the sweep when i'm setting the amp, and then use the EQ to cut out what i don't want.

You're right, it affects all the EQ-knobs, but it's still technically a mid-sweep because it gives you a frequency hump that you can "sweep" through the whole mid register, from the low-mids to the high-mids.

And accordingly to which frequency band is bumped, the EQ knobs react differently.

:)

Guys thanks, i never realised it worked that way. & Colonel your setting the EQ first to 10 tip is golden.
cheers

I personally think it sounds shit. 5150 sounds nicer, pushed mids but you can hear that warble in the lower mid's that's common in 5150's. Not my kind of tone

A mesa is like 1200 Euro at least, my krank (sst) only 500 euro... i aint rich. And, money doesnt make the sound better.