newer Speed/traditional metal recommendations....

Joseph de Las Vegas

New Metal Member
Jul 23, 2014
Can anyone give me some suggestions on some german style speed/traditional metal bands (I am sorta behind on collecting cd’s in this genre lately) that capture that spirit of 80’s Grave Digger, 80’s Running Wild, 80’s Warlock, Accept, etc.. ?? I don’t know too many newer releases coming out in these genre’s. so here I am. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on some german style speed/traditional metal bands (I am sorta behind on collecting cd’s in this genre lately) that capture that spirit of 80’s Grave Digger, 80’s Running Wild, 80’s Warlock, Accept, etc.. ?? I don’t know too many newer releases coming out in these genre’s. so here I am. Thanks in advance.

man where do I even start......

I suggest... Metal Inquisitor, Night Demon, Axxion, Skull Fist, Lady Beast, Enforcer, Speedtrap, High Spirits, and the list can go one forever....

these all capture the spirit of 80's style metal for sure.

there are a zillion new bands. If you are looking for bands that have been around longer playing that style too the list will just grow.

Ranger is a newer speed metal act from overseas

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of these aren't in the German vein but still worth a listen:
In Solitude
Spellcaster
Stallion (just discovered yesterday, me likey)
Ranger
Demona

They don't have that awesome raw guitar sound like the bands you mentioned, but they do the 80's thing pretty well. The vocalist is an acquired taste though, probably one of those love or hate type singers. I think he sounds wonderful in this tune. Musically wise, these guys are excellent imo.

Last edited by a moderator: