Newest Mix(ATTN Shipwreck)(I'm going to become this forum's new pest :D)

Jul 8, 2012
This is my band's intro for the EP/Album(when we choose to go into studio, while I learn how to mix properly enough to make an album).

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?22ypdkktyeh986r

Shipwreck, I followed your advice on the mix from earlier(template) and decided to work on this for a bit before going back to it, which is why you have the ATTN in the Title.

Please give me suggestions, I want to get better at this!

The drums sound better. I would leave that snare center. You need to keep panning first of all! It sounds like you have two solo guitar parts in one speaker. Leave one of them to the left and to the right! Think about the way a stage for a live metal/rock performance is set up. Normally, you have your two guitarist standing left and right. Your drummer is center, and your vocalist is center (most of the time). Even though the bass may not be center, you still want to leave it center.
You just need to work on putting everything in the right place in the mix. Leave your guitar parts away from each other. So you have that solo upfront slightly to the left, and then that other guitar part in the left side dancing around in the back. Is that supposed to be the rhythm guitar part? And that guitar part at the end, double track it and go left and right pan ALL the way left and right. Keep working on it man I'll see if I can find some videos for you on some of the basics.

I appreciate your comments, it helps to have people to give good feedback on, I feel I found the right place to experiment in this forum.