News and bias

In Britain we have the BBC luckily, which is supposed to be completely unbiased (although is sometimes quite Anglo-Centric).

I'm not sure if they have anything like that in the States, but watching CNN or, worst of all, Fox must really kill some braincells.

They are all equally bad and BBC is pretty horrible too. Of course, BBC did put out "The Century of Self" documentary, so that is at leats one point in their favor.

I like from what I have seen from BBC.Better than all the news stations here.MSNBC might as well be called the Obama channel.Fox News may as well be called the Conservative Republican channel.

True journalism can never be achieved by major news stations like FOX or CNN. If you want real news you need to read the paper and other reliable journals. There's too much money behind television. It serves the interests of its CEOs.

News television today is more akin to the ranting man from V For Vendetta than actual news.

Good point.

Newspapers and journals provide far more accurate factual representations, and while there is still an element of bias (which realistically cannot be avoided in any form of journalism) there is much more variety among them, making it easier for people to interpret the facts and formulate their own opinion on the matter.

Newspapers and journals provide far more accurate factual representations, and while there is still an element of bias (which realistically cannot be avoided in any form of journalism) there is much more variety among them, making it easier for people to interpret the facts and formulate their own opinion on the matter.

This is true. I prefer to read non MSM journels, papers, etc. Obviously bias is not avoidable when any opinion is given, the problem comes in when bias is consistant across the board, and is to the detriment to the common viewer for the profit of the conglomerate owners.

True journalism can never be achieved by major news stations like FOX or CNN. If you want real news you need to read the paper and other reliable journals. There's too much money behind television. It serves the interests of its CEOs.

News television today is more akin to the ranting man from V For Vendetta than actual news.

I like to read newspaper sometimes.I like to read Reuters.com and BBC on the internet.I don't trust major news stations like CNN,MSNBC,or FOX.I like what you said about tv news Pat.

I think the best is the news the comedians take and shake in everyones face. But what is sad is the population just laughs at it and goes on with their pointless lives. I wish we would just finally have a friggin revolution but that would just make a big mess that would take decades to sort out and humans would just end up right back where we started. The blood bath would not go in the favor of honest humble people anyhow.

When we got direct TV about 15 years ago I stopped watching the news and I felt better immeadiatly. I used to like to watch 60 minutes.

As a journalist, I can tell you that the worst bias in the media is not liberal or conservative--it's sensationalist.

Just look at the amount of time spent covering utter bullshit just because the American people are too stupid to care about things they should actually care about.