News from the Amaran camp

Alaqh

Amaran
Aug 4, 2003
Stockholm, Sweden.
www.amaran.net
I've seen that there have been some questions about Amarans future...so here's some news for you. I must also apologise for not giving you any answers earlier.

Cheer / Ronnie :)

------------------------------------------
As you might have noticed there are a lot of things happening in the Amaran camp at the moment. You have read here before that Kari has left Amaran to concentrate on his new band, Sibliance. In addition to this we must now inform you that our bass player Ronnie Bergerståhl has also decided to leave the band. His motivation for this is that he didnt really share the vision the rest of us had of what musical direction we would take with our new songs. Having this said, we have also some good news for you guys: Our original drummer Robin Bergh has decided to join Amaran again! Johanna and I are very pleased with this since Robin is a really good friend of us and since Pär, who took Robins position when he quitted, has moved away from Stockholm (making rehearsal much more difficult). There are however no personal indifferences between any of us, I guess things like this can happen to bands every now and then. We send our appreciations to Kari, Ronnie and Pär for everything they've done for the band and wish them the best of luck with their future projects!

So, at this very moment we are out looking for a new guitarist and a new bass player. If you play any of these instruments and think you have what it takes to join Amaran, dont hesitate to drop us a line.

We are now busy writing songs for our third album, which we have planned to record around May 2005. Personally I believe the new songs have that classical Amaran vibe, but perhaps somewhat stripped to give Johanna more space for her voice. Our previous promise to deliver a killer album for you guys is still going to be kept!!

hey, you just made my weekend!! :)

it's absolutely cool to hear that Robin is back...so Amaran is still (or again) to 3/5ths of what it was when you started out :headbang:

At least now you are the only Ronnie B. in the band:)
I whish you to find soon a full and stable line-up, it would be cool to see you in May playing again at the 2000 decibel festival!
Good luck!

Hey Boto! You are using MY photo's at your website! :mad:
I never gave you permission to use them, did I? :err:

I'm a close friend of the members of Amaran, and I'm sure they don't like that you use my pictures without permission. Yes, you have named me as the photographer when you have posted the pictures, but still, you should have asked if you could copy them first!

Please reply to this message!

i has already abandoned them...

many pictures don´t have information...so i stop to post

your pictures are from the M.I.N.D festival?

they have the credits for you...

"Photo by Mattias Nilsson"

but if don´t want i delete them :ill:

Yes, they are from the MIND festival. If you want to use them, please pay me! ;) I work as a freelance photographer, so I donät want other people using my photo's without permission, okay? Don't take it personal, but you should have asked for permission before you used them without my knowing about it.

Other than that: All hail Amaran! :headbang:

Great to hear that Amaran isn´t going 6ft under. Cheers to Ronnie, Pär and Kari.
Would be cool to volunteer for the guitar role but I think my level of playing is way below the standards, also not very convenient to travel from Iceland to attend rehearsals. :D

Another cd == good but May 2005! too long! :cry:

:yow:
Alaqh said:
I've seen that there have been some questions about Amarans future...so here's some news for you. I must also apologise for not giving you any answers earlier.

Cheer / Ronnie :)

------------------------------------------
As you might have noticed there are a lot of things happening in the Amaran camp at the moment. You have read here before that Kari has left Amaran to concentrate on his new band, Sibliance. In addition to this we must now inform you that our bass player Ronnie Bergerståhl has also decided to leave the band. His motivation for this is that he didnt really share the vision the rest of us had of what musical direction we would take with our new songs. Having this said, we have also some good news for you guys: Our original drummer Robin Bergh has decided to join Amaran again! Johanna and I are very pleased with this since Robin is a really good friend of us and since Pär, who took Robins position when he quitted, has moved away from Stockholm (making rehearsal much more difficult). There are however no personal indifferences between any of us, I guess things like this can happen to bands every now and then. We send our appreciations to Kari, Ronnie and Pär for everything they've done for the band and wish them the best of luck with their future projects!

So, at this very moment we are out looking for a new guitarist and a new bass player. If you play any of these instruments and think you have what it takes to join Amaran, dont hesitate to drop us a line.

We are now busy writing songs for our third album, which we have planned to record around May 2005. Personally I believe the new songs have that classical Amaran vibe, but perhaps somewhat stripped to give Johanna more space for her voice. Our previous promise to deliver a killer album for you guys is still going to be kept!!