News on Gene Simmons, Metallica, Europe, and Stephen Pearcy.

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has posted the following message on his official web site:

"A couple of years ago, I was fortunate to meet business partners who have also become my friends. One of the gents, in particular, and I have been able to 'connect' in business, in ways I have never connected with anyone.

"Some of the projects we've been working on in behind the scenes over the last few years are nearing completion and about to bear fruit.

"New Television Cable Network: Can't be specific regarding the content, nor the name of the entity, but we exist!!! We have yet to go on the air, but we soon will!!!. We own the entity outright and intend on making it a commercial success. When we're ready, we will be making a public announcement. Until then, work continues in our very own 'company named' 25,000 square foot building. We have a CEO, we have a Board Of Directors and at present, I am Chairman. But the physical hard work is being done by a great group of creative people on the ground. More news on this exciting venture soon.

"Motion Picture Company: Again...can't be specific re the name, nor the shape and form of the new entity, but suffice it to say we will soon be fully funded. Every producer in Hollywood heralds the coming of 'new fully funded companies,' but these announcements are almost always smoke and mirrors. Ours is not. The intent of our company is to make good, commercial 'American'-styled motion pictures...and television... and the licensing/merchandising/musical fallout...and buying libraries of content....and other things.

"Chinese Real Estate Project: This one is huge and is another project 'my partner' and I are involved in. I CAN tell you it's in China. I CANNOT tell you where, or what it actually is. Not just yet.

"South Korean DVD/CD Manufacturing Plant: My partners and I are finalizing the acquisition of the largest DVD/CD manufacturing plant in that part of the world. We have visited the site and I can tell you first hand, it's the most modern facility of its kind I have ever seen.

"There is another project we are going to be looking at, that involves an entire city. More than that, I can't say at the moment. But, the artist rendering of the 'project' takes my breath away...in size and scope.

"My cartoon show, 'My Dad The Rock Star', will soon be able to make a very exciting announcement. Read about it here first. Soon.

"New Television Show: I'll be announcing a new show I created for American television. It has already shot its first six episodes. I appear in the finale. More news soon.

"United Kingdom Television Show: Recently finished a six episodic English television show called 'Rock School', which will see the light of day in the early spring.

"New KISS Projects: Lots of 'em. And big. And, you'll be able to read about 'em as soon as it can be announced on KissOnline.com.

"And, boxing...Yes, boxing.

"And, potential horse racing project.

"And, I'm tired.... I think I'll go lie down and take a nap..."
---

Former METALLICA bassist Ron McGovney has revealed more information about the upcomingVH1 METALLICA special called "When Metallica Ruled The World", which is scheduled to air later in the year. In a posting to the METALLICA message board, McGovney wrote, "I haven't been on the boards for a while, so someone may have already mentioned that VH1 is doing a show called 'When Metallica Ruled the World'.

"I was contacted by VH1 a couple of weeks ago asking if I would sign another photo release. I agreed to the release because I can still use the photos in my eBay auctions.

"I hope they don't use those old interviews from 'Behind the Music' because that was from 1998.

"I would like to do a new interview for this show, but they didn't ask me.

"I did an hour interview for 'Behind the Music' and I was on for five seconds!

"I watched Cliff's father do at least a half-hour interview and he got two seconds.

"I guess we will have to see what half-assed celebrity commentary shows up like on 'My Coolest Years: the Metalheads'.

"I think it would have been cool if James and I were on that show. I have a lot of photos of when he was in OBSESSION and when we were teenagers.

"I guess what Jim Breuer and Mike Piazza have to say about METALLICA will sell the show.

"Well, that's all for now. I just hope this new show doesn't suck."

According to the series' web site, "When __ Ruled The World" is "a one-hour oral and visual history of pop culture phenomena for VH1. This is not history. This is POPhistory — the story of a cultural history as it was felt collectively by a mass culture."

(Thanks: AllMetallica.com)
---

Reunited Swedish hard rockers EUROPE recently filmed a video for "Hero", the second single off their new album, "Start from the Dark". Watch the video clip at EuropeTheBand.atw.hu.

The group's first collection of new material since 1991's "Prisoners In Paradise", "Start from the Dark" was produced by Kevin Elson (who had previously worked with EUROPE on their multi-platinum 1986 release, "Final Countdown") and features a "heavier" direction than on the group's earlier albums. A video for the album's first single, "Got to Have Faith", has been posted online at this location (Windows Media).

EUROPE shot a live DVD at the band's recent London performance. A late 2005 release is expected.

Upcoming EUROPE shows:

Jan. 07 - Tokyo, JPN @ Forum
Jan. 09 - Osaka, JPN @ Grand Cube
Jan. 11 - Nagoya, JPN @ Kousei Nenkin Kaikan
Jan. 13 - Hiroshima, JPN @ Quattro
Jan. 14 - Fukuoka, JPN @ Shimin Kaikan
---

A small clip from the video for "Drive With Me", the first single from former RATT singer Stephen Pearcy's upcoming solo album, "Fueler", has been posted at his official web site. Check it out: Broadband, Dial-Up.

"Fueler" is scheduled for release in February via Cleopatra/Top Fuel Records.

Upcoming Stephen Pearcy shows:

Jan. 13 - Cudahy, WI - Vnuk's Lounge
Jan. 15 - Mt Clemons, MI - Hayloft Liquor Stand
Feb. 17 - Portland, OR - Sabala's
Feb. 18 - Chico, CA - LaSalle's
Mar. 04 - Marietta, GA - The Dixie Tavern
Mar. 05 - Charlotte, NC - Amos South End
---

Reading about what Simmons is up to makes me question how much money he will be truly worth at the end of it all.

I usually enjoy VH1's programs so I am looking foward to the Metallica special.

As far as Stephen Pearcy's song goes I don't know how I feel about it. It is heavy thats for sure but it sounds almost modern/nu-ish heavy and that is not a good thing. I need to hear more from that album. His past two solo albums were not that bad.