Next announcement...

I have a deadline of January 5th for a decision from the band I am currently negotiating with. If that doesn't work out, then there is no timeframe as I have to start from scratch.

Its obviously Immortal from Glenn's new avatar ;)

Good to hear Glenn. I hope it works out for you (even if its a band I don't like!).

My gut tells me... and hopes its Falconer. Falconer have 5 studio albums and play some of the greatest power metal out there. They would go over great, considering this is supposedly a band less popular than Primal Fear... and I'm already not too crazy about them being a #4 slot as is. Falconer would, however, be great!

And I guess Dragonforce or Rhapsody are out of the question... which is what I was hoping for.

My gut tells me... and hopes its Falconer. Falconer have 5 studio albums and play some of the greatest power metal out there. They would go over great, considering this is supposedly a band less popular than Primal Fear... and I'm already not too crazy about them being a #4 slot as is. Falconer would, however, be great!

And I guess Dragonforce or Rhapsody are out of the question... which is what I was hoping for.

No offense but you actually think Falconer is a Saturday night headliner band? Damn your one of the veterans dude...In my opinion they are at the best a 3 spot band.

I am thinking its going to be a Progressive Metal band but I am not even going to attempt to try and figure out who G is trying to get, everytime I do, he throws a curveball...

Bear

I am thinking its going to be a Progressive Metal band but I am not even going to attempt to try and figure out who G is trying to get, everytime I do, he throws a curveball...

Bear

Yea, from what I heard is that the "prog" fans where going to be happy this year. So far Redemption and Threshold are my two main bands that I want to see, other than that there is no big "prog" band yet.

No offense but you actually think Falconer is a Saturday night headliner band? Damn your one of the veterans dude...In my opinion they are at the best a 3 spot band.

Bear

Falconer can headline.

But I don't think that Glenn has much love for folk metal, beyond Blind Guardian (who I don't call folk metal) & Wuthering Heights.

But Falconer also has a large dedicated fan base, and could not only bring people to this festival, but make them stay.

And from what I can tell (though in metal we have basically no good sources), they outsell Primal Fear.

Falconer can headline.

But I don't think that Glenn has much love for folk metal, beyond Blind Guardian (who I don't call folk metal) & Wuthering Heights.

But Falconer also has a large dedicated fan base, and could not only bring people to this festival, but make them stay.

And from what I can tell (though in metal we have basically no good sources), they outsell Primal Fear.

In Europe right? From my perspective Primal Fear is much more well known in the US than Falconer but then again I could be wrong?

In Europe right? From my perspective Primal Fear is much more well known in the US than Falconer but then again I could be wrong?

Your guess in that is as good as mine. Falconer doesn't seem to be too big on this board. But I've seen them more popular elsewhere.

I'd be surprised at Falconer. I'd be beyond stunned at Enchant (since they're not Metal or a headliner). I'd be surprised f it's a Prog band, only because I can't think of any who fit Glenn's hints and make sense.

My money is on either Brainstorm or After Forever.

Zod

I'm not familiar with Brainstorm at all, so I don't know if I'd be into seeing them as the headliner...

I agree somewhat with Bear about Falconer not being a headliner. I love them dearly (and am soooo excited to see Mattias back in the band!), however, I could see them in a 3 or 4 spot.

I'd be surprised at Falconer. I'd be beyond stunned at Enchant (since they're not Metal or a headliner). I'd be surprised f it's a Prog band, only because I can't think of any who fit Glenn's hints and make sense.

My money is on either Brainstorm or After Forever.

Zod

Why wouldn't SymphX fit the bill?

IMO, Symphony X would have to headline alone..not co-headline. But then again that may be just my personal preferences speaking for me. I don't think SymX fit with what all Glenn has said but I would love to see them.

:Smug:

funny you should bring up Falconer, because 'Northwind' is one of the 9 cds I ordered for myself for Christmas - my first Falconer cd.

So far it's good, but I wouldn't say it's brilliant. I've only sampled half the cd, and nothing has absolutely grabbed my full attention yet. So for that reason I must agree that they may make a good #3 spot someday, but I couldn't see them keeping the majority of the folks in their seats after Primal Fear on Saturday night.

:)

I'm not familiar with Brainstorm at all, so I don't know if I'd be into seeing them as the headliner...

I agree somewhat with Bear about Falconer not being a headliner. I love them dearly (and am soooo excited to see Mattias back in the band!), however, I could see them in a 3 or 4 spot.

FYI Brainstorm will totally kick your ass. Get either of the last two albums, you will not be disappointed!

I think that Falconer would be a bigger draw than Primal Fear. I go to quite a few metal boards, and I rarely ever see Primal Fear mentioned. I see Falconer mentioned all the time, though. To be honest, I haven't really heard much about Primal Fear at all except from this board. Granted, I'm not saying that this absolutely, 100% means that PF is smaller than Falconer. It may just be the tastes of the boards I go to, but from my experience, people who don't know that much about metal aside from the big bands of the genre (Dragonforce, Blind Guardian, Sonata Arctica, etc) are much more likely to have heard of Falconer than Primal Fear.