Next announcement...

Soundscan numbers indicate otherwise....by far.

I tried finding the soundscan numbers, but I don't trust them for a major reason. First, soundscan doesn't really include the online vendor sales. This is a huge area for metal sales. While at certain stores (i.e. FYE), you can find all sorts of metal, most don't carry it in huge amounts. Primal Fear has probably found their way into many stores in general though.

With that said, there's also a reason that some do and some don't. Ones that tend to sell more anyhow do. Hell Primal Fear is huge, I don't disagree. I was only looking at Amazon sales ranks. Which isn't really reliable for a general statement, but it did have Falconer sales higher than Primal Fear.

I have a hard time thinking Falconer would play over a #3 spot, so I agree with Bear there.

Personally, I'm pulling for Nocturnal Rites, but my gut tells me there no higher than a #3 as well.

After Forever would be a good change for the lineup, they have a good following here and otherwise. Symphony X is kind of like Evergrey in the sense that they've grown up with ProgPower USA.

My money is on After Forever or Symphony X....:err:

With Glenn's last message I'm pretty sure you can rule out Falconer. Right now, I'm thinking Brainstorm---although I really wish it would be otherwise.

Could be Kamelot.

I think if it was Kamelot they would already have confirmed with Glenn instead of him be waiting to hear back per his response. They already know PP and would likely have no issues saying yes to the last set of the fest once any negotiating was done.
I'm going with it being a band that hasn't played PP.

I think if it was Kamelot they would already have confirmed with Glenn instead of him be waiting to hear back per his response. They already know PP and would likely have no issues saying yes to the last set of the fest once any negotiating was done.
I'm going with it being a band that hasn't played PP.

That's what I was thinking about Sym X too. I would doubt that they would be dragging things out to confirm with Glenn, knowing thier history with the fest.

I would bet strongly that Symphony X is currently on tap as the 'backup' to whatever Glenn is trying to work out right now. They are in prime situation to headline the fest, except for the fact that they have been involved so many times I would think Glenn would be at least attempting to book someone else a bit more obscure. I'll continue hoping fruitlessly for a Shadow Gallery miracle, but I would think the Brainstorm thoughts may be right on

No offense but you actually think Falconer is a Saturday night headliner band? Damn your one of the veterans dude...In my opinion they are at the best a 3 spot band.

I am thinking its going to be a Progressive Metal band but I am not even going to attempt to try and figure out who G is trying to get, everytime I do, he throws a curveball...

Bear

Pagan's Mind being a #4 slot kind of threw out any premonitions I might have had about where a band should rank. I'm just pulling bands I like out of my ass at this point.

The fact that everyone was talking about Falconer possibly headlining above any other suggested band so far does say something, however :) Gleeenn.... hint hint!

The Michael

Why wouldn't SymphX fit the bill?
Look at Glenn's statements/hints about the act he's negotiating with:

1. It may be controversial.
3. Sometimes you have to create headliners instead of booking headliners.

SX wouldn't be at all controversial. Also, they've headlined previously, so the idea of "creating a headliner" doesn't fit. Lastly, in this thread, Glenn intimated that negotiations have been dragging out. I'd guess he has a pretty solid relationship with SX. I'd doubt he'd be in a stalemate with them.

Zod

Look at Glenn's statements/hints about the act he's negotiating with:

1. It may be controversial.
3. Sometimes you have to create headliners instead of booking headliners.

SX wouldn't be at all controversial. Also, they've headlined previously, so the idea of "creating a headliner" doesn't fit. Lastly, in this thread, Glenn intimated that negotiations have been dragging out. I'd guess he has a pretty solid relationship with SX. I'd doubt he'd be in a stalemate with them.

Zod

Agreed. It seems that a few of Glenn's comments are meant to imply something along the lines of: "sorry guys, but its not SX." I may be wrong here, but that's just what I'm feeling out of this. I know many are still holding out hope that it will be SX, but some have clearly read Glenn's comments and still actually believe it will be SX. I'm not sure I understand why that is...