Next announcement...

Head over to the Iced Earth forum to put those notions to rest.

That's only why I say usually. Some official forums are run so strictly that if you say one negative word, you'll get flamed and then banned soon after. On the other hand, some don't even have mods and are constant threads about how much the band sucks these days. The majority I have ever been on are overflowing with fanboys, a few level headed fans, and the trolls that like to play with the fanboys. I've even been experiencing this in the gaming world, lately.

My guess is Ayreon or Avantasia. Thus the difficulty in getting back. =p

By the way. The more controversy the better. Maybe. Unless it was one of the twenty bands I love and have suggested as headliner ;p

ayreon wont come.....

do you realize how much money it would cost getting all the singers from an ayreon cd?

plus the singers arjen chose for many cds, were hard to get to even do the cd in the first place, much less tour

avantasia would be kick ass, ayreon, being my fav band of all time, would be AMAZING, but arjen has put touring/shows in the negative with ayreon cause of the extreme hastle and financial problems

I don't think we're getting a special project or reunion. That's not "making a headliner", that's a one-off special performance. Making a headliner implies that sometime in the future this band will headline again as Symphony X has.

But then again, I don't think we can exactly be sure what the heck Glenn is talking about. Making a headliner today so you can use that band later as a true headliner doesn't make much sense to me. And you can make headliners in lower slots. I think Glenn had a lot to do with Edguy, Evergrey, and Symphony X becoming headline-quality bands, and they all got that way by playing lower slots and getting promoted. Unless it is Brainstorm, in which case it would sorta make sense, as they are probably now headline quality to the PP fanbase. And he did say that he's mainly marketing to people who have already gone to ProgPower. Hmmmm...

Ok scratch Candlemass...

Dream Evil?

Is it possible that it could be the band that may be opening for SA on their tour since Glenn said he might have to create a headliner...

Are you guys serious? Falconer? A headliner? LOL!!! Almost every band playing on Saturday is bigger than Falconer. Primal Fear alone got to close out Wacken to 60,000 people last year. They are internationally renowned and even have experience in the USA. Falconer barely tour as is. They could draw about 50-75 people to Prog Power, tops.

They are a number 3 slot at best (same with After Forever, and I can't imagine Brainstorm any higher than a number 4 slot), as someone else has already stated.

Symphony X would be my guess and if not them, my next guess would be something like Into Eternity or Dream Evil.

They are a number 3 slot at best (same with After Forever, and I can't imagine Brainstorm any higher than a number 4 slot), as someone else has already stated.

Symphony X would be my guess and if not them, my next guess would be something like Into Eternity or Dream Evil.

I think someone is completely ignoring Glenn's clues. And now with Glenn saying he is waiting to hear back from the band, I would think SX is another one that would be a quick yes responce once any negotiating was done since they'd played 3 PPs already. It sounds like someone he has to work on for why they should come to PP.
And Into Eternity is a waste of a headline spot to me. Not only do they tour way too much (I don't care if it's only a 30 min set each time), they're constantly shifting members.

Going by Glenns clues I think POS or Nevermore fit . I cant see Brainstorm being difficult to get to play , Maybe Kamelot a little hard to get to do something different and special from their tour. So my guess outside of a reunion or special one off type of show like Accept I say POS or Nevermore...

I'll join the crowd that is saying Pain of Salvation is a logical choice (pretty much for the same reasons Zod mentioned earlier). Them not being big on coming to the U.S. would explain why negotiations are dragging, they would be controversial (at least on this forum), and they have a new album coming out. I also agree with whoever said Symphony X may be the "back-up band" in case things don't work out with the band that Glenn is talking with now.

And my input for the fanboy conversation: Me = PoS fanboy:headbang:

And Into Eternity is a waste of a headline spot to me. Not only do they tour way too much (I don't care if it's only a 30 min set each time), they're constantly shifting members.

Very true. The constant changing of members makes it difficult for me to really take IE seriously when we're talking about a headlining spot.

Aside from that, they're just spinning their wheels with the new album, as far as I'm concerned. I find it pretty forgettable, and though not necessarily a complete step backwards, certainly not a step forward.

It matters what the people want not Glenn :D Unless he doesnt like them in a personal way of them being assholes or sometihng, idk.

It does matter what Glenn wants though. Whether or not Glenn likes a band is a big factor in determining whether or not that band plays the fest, at least as I understand it.

It does matter what Glenn wants though. Whether or not Glenn likes a band is a big factor in determining whether or not that band plays the fest, at least as I understand it.

I should've rephrased it better, hopefully it matters somewhat but I think as a business standpoint he might not like a band but if America does, I think he would still choose it I might be wrong though, don't know him :D