Next Band to be announced, your thoughts.

Well, I was right about a few things last week:

1) It was a power metal band
2) It was a band that hadn't played before.
3) It was a 60-minute slot.

I thought it would be Dionysus, but it was Virgin Steele.

So, what will be next? I figure the opening slot on Saturday. And I think it will be....

Divinefire.
that would Be INCREDIBLE!!!! their last 2 cds have been great:kickass:

Since I'm more of death metal fan, most of the prog and power metal I hear is based off who is playing at PP and the samplers handed out....

But here's my wish list:

Nightwish with my lovely friend Colleen as the new singer. *Dreams*- Seeing as how Tarja's voice ruined NW for me.
Firewind would be cool too...
Beyond Twilight would rule the world if they appeared....

Other than that, I can't think of many other Prog/Power bands.

-Metal

I'd like to see Elvenking in an opening or #2 spot.
The same goes for Persuader.
I'd also love to see Pagan's Mind in a #3 slot since I missed them the first time around.

Well, I was right about a few things last week:

1) It was a power metal band
2) It was a band that hadn't played before.
3) It was a 60-minute slot.
Hmmm... let me try... I say the next band will be....

1) A Metal band
2) Not from Egypt
3) Will play a set longer than 2 songs
4) Not more than one member will be female
5) The band will not be on a major label
6) Will have a minimum of two members
7) And none of the (at least two) members will be over 78
8) Will have recorded at least one album
9) None of the band's members have ever been convicted of squirrel sodomy

Let's see how I do.:loco:

Zod

I'll echo the sentiments of those who mentioned Communic. Though I'm not a big fan (they just haven't clicked for me yet), I think they fit the bill perfectly and would be a nice addition.

Other bands that would make for good openers or two slot bands:

Degree Absolute - not sure if they're a live act
Kiuas - a perfect fit for ProgPower
Order of Nine - maybe more of a pre-party band, but a band who would sell a lot of discs after their appearance
Persuader - a #2 band that would be a lock to go over well
Pharaoh - an opener who might finally get some of the credit they deserve if they played PP

Zod

Can we give this man a medal? If they were to play PP I would seriously crap my pants. Kiuas for ProgPower!

I think Glenn should announce a headliner. But if its a #1 slot, I'm hoping its Mindflow.

I think Glenn should announce a headliner. But if its a #1 slot, I'm hoping its Mindflow.

It's almost impossible to bring a band from Brazil to ProgPower. Trust me, Glenn could be quoted on that also, according to what he said in the chatroom. I still have my hopes up, though.

It's almost impossible to bring a band from Brazil to ProgPower. Trust me, Glenn could be quoted on that also, according to what he said in the chatroom. I still have my hopes up, though.

Really? What makes it so hard?

The thought of Mindflow or Thessera not even having a chance of playing this year... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think past of it was something to do with a roundtrip ticket for one person being in the $1200+ area out of the main city in brazil.

I think it was something along the lines of a roundtrip ticket for one person being in the $1200+ area.

I am paying more than that to go to Brazil for Christmas.. :(

But around september is way less than 1200... Now is the high season... In setember tickets are in the 500-700 range... To Miami at least, I don't know if it's more expensive to Atlanta..

The main problem is getting Work Visas... or a visa for that matter.. It takes forever! You got to schedulle interviews with months of advance and even then it's not guaranteed you will get a visa... And the fess are ridiculously expensive..

Another band that may be a good opener slot for saturday is Derdian.:headbang:
Cool Power Metal band from Italy. Check them out on Myspace. Reminds me of Rhapsody of old.