Next time you're having a GAS attack...

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Watch this video !

I am not particularly any fan of his music. But damn, if this is all true, it truly shows most of your tone is in your fingers. That's just a cool reminded when these days we have access to so much quality for both low and high budgets. Anything would sound good if you are a good musician, and it reminds me I should stop GASing online and just pick up my old guitars including my beginner one !

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, he's got a bunch of high-end shit just behind the camera. KEEP BUYING! :D

Hahah first thing I thought too.

I've heard about plenty of famous guitarists that they used shit gear on records that sound great, so this isn't totally surprising but is neat.

Also slightly off-topic but I will forever hate Tom Morello for having written SENDERO LUMINOSO on his guitar, which is the name of a left-wing terrorist group that murdered about 40,000 Peruvians, most of them indigenous people. Sweet ideology, bro!

Hahah first thing I thought too.

I've heard about plenty of famous guitarists that they used shit gear on records that sound great, so this isn't totally surprising but is neat.

Also slightly off-topic but I will forever hate Tom Morello for having written SENDERO LUMINOSO on his guitar, which is the name of a left-wing terrorist group that murdered about 40,000 Peruvians, most of them indigenous people. Sweet ideology, bro!

The older I get the more I fucking hate Rage Against The Machine's politics. It was cool when I was a 16 year old fucktard who didn't know anything about the world. As a 30 year old fucktard who doesn't know anything about the world? Not so much! :)

The older I get the more I fucking hate Rage Against The Machine's politics. It was cool when I was a 16 year old fucktard who didn't know anything about the world. As a 30 year old fucktard who doesn't know anything about the world? Not so much! :)

I agree with this, RATM seemed much cooler when I was an angsty teen. But at least bands like RATM can get kids to start thinking about politics, which is something. Overall I feel like they still had a positive impact on my life even if now I think Morello is kind of whacky.

Plus dem riffs.

Never cared about their lyrics, always loved those wingwang-schrghrghgr-piteeeeeewz sounds
That dude was one of my early guitar heros

I have a Gould Strat that i bought for about 150$ when i worked at the local music store, and its insanely sustain and sounds overall great(Although the quality of the fretwork and hardware isn't exactly what i would call top quality.).
EVH's Frankenstrat is a shit build made of scrap parts(The body has a huge knot in it.), but it still seems to sound pretty damn good. ;)

Gas-X.png

Had to be done :lol:
I agree with OP. Having an inspiring instrument is very important, even if it's less than stellar build or quality, the 'quirks' can even add to it I think - not that nicely put expensive guitars aren't awesome! :D

My guitars are kind of cheap, but I feel strangely proud about that haha

One of my guitars was $300 with the case that I bought almost fifteen years ago. It needs some new electronics, and I've been thinking of replacing the neck with one from Warmoth, but I still play & record stuff with it.

416713_384659784885907_170258450_o.jpg

I got a 200 dollar Oscar Schmidt acoustic that plays a thousand times better than my old 599 dollar Martin. Sold the Martin. The OS is fantastic and has perfect intonation.