next tour, opeth will have the same set list...again!

Ecto

Aug 10, 2002
don't get me wrong guys, but if i were in a band i couldn't imagine me touring and playing the same songs always...many bands do that and opeth is one of them...advent, demon of the fall, the drapery falls, credence...except from the new ones - a fair judgement and deliverance (only two??)...maybe next tour they'll play (again) those songs :mad: !
i know that they don't have a place to rehearse, but man...that's fucking boring!

I've never heard of them playing Credence before this tour - but maybe I'm naive. Godhead's Lament was definitely new, as was Deliverance and A Fair Judgement. Demon of the Fall is the fan favourite, and I think they're a little obliged to play it. (I'd say that song got more people into Opeth than any other..)

I read something where someone said they will play songs from Damnation, and then maybe play their other songs, with a slower/softer way to them, I'm not sure if that is how I interpertated it, or maybe the person just ment they'll play their softer songs like To Bid You Farewell, Harvest, and others of the soft nature :)

I don't know, we are in for a surprise with Damnation to begin with :) I can't wait!

Originally posted by Mr. Niel
Dammit, now I'm in competition with this guy for lesbian avatars...

assuming those are lesbians...

:lol: slow down dude...i like girls!

I'm with Demonspell. I was actually hoping they WOULD play harvest at the Jaxx show, but Credence was good enough. But I think Harvest is a TERRIFIC song (and would probably be a bit of a break for them to play, seeing as though it's "strummy" and not as complex as some of their other, "fingerpicky" type songs...) I think maybe the only reason they don't play it live is for fear of the audience going into a trance.

Harvest is too radio...
I really think Mikael should reply to this post or others in the same topic, because it's incoherent that a band of such quality and uniqueness play the same old setlist all over and over again!!!!!!! They have plenty of material to please a whole legion of fans!!! Imagine To Bid You Farewell live!!!!! (It's a big shame they'll never play Night and the Silent Water, that riff is SO DAMN emotional!!!!!)
Ahh, the list of desired songs is endless, i wont bore listing.....

When Opeth were doing their tour with Nevermore in 2001, they had considered doing a short acoustic set, but for different logistic reasons they didnt manage to do it. I think doing something like that after Damnation comes out would be pretty cool....
And at this point, I think its pretty inevitable that every tour is going to include certain songs like "Demon of the Fall", "Drapery Falls", "Deliverance", etc.....with their songs all being so long, it makes it hard to throw much variety in there unfortunately.

And to say "Harvest" is too radio is pretty funny to me! I don't think Opeth have done anything that closely resembles anything radio would really play, except for the rare occasional metal station or progressive format station. Besides, 'commercial' or not, a brilliant song is a brilliant song. I'd love to hear it live.