NFL 2011

Honestly, I kind of felt this could be coming. He's had such a lengthy injury history that it's time to reinvest his money on a more sure commodity.

God, I had a fucking dream about the draft last night. The Steelers drafted a tackle in the first round and a guard in the second round.

On an unrelated note, didn't you say you wrote for that blog? Anyway, that site's Steelers blog, Behind the Steel Curtain, is excellent, one of the best Steelers sites around, along with Steelers Lounge, although the latter still can't get over Santonio Holmes sometimes.

Honestly, I kind of felt this could be coming. He's had such a lengthy injury history that it's time to reinvest his money on a more sure commodity.

Well, it wasn't two days ago that Irsay said they were going to restructure his contract. So either they had a change of heart or Bob refused their restrucured contract and asked to be released. Either way it's very unfortunate. There's going to be a lot of "what if?" surrounding his career with the Colts.

On an unrelated note, didn't you say you wrote for that blog? Anyway, that site's Steelers blog, Behind the Steel Curtain, is excellent, one of the best Steelers sites around, along with Steelers Lounge, although the latter still can't get over Santonio Holmes sometimes.

Yes I did use to write for Stampede Blue but quit after school and work took up too much of my time.

Mathiäs;9668297 said:
Packers are poised for a repeat.

We'll see. I have no doubt in many ways our team will be functioning better than it had this last season overall, but there is a lot that needs to be addressed. We have some fast, play making receivers...but they also have a tenancy to be play breaking players, they seriously need to work on their consistency for one thing.

I have seen anything yet on if the Pack is keeping Jenkins, anyone know?

Don't worry KD...the Sanders funeral will pass and get even better for you when the Patriots sign him. lol

btw...can anyone explain the R. Seymour contract wth?!

Steelers interview Carnell Lake for secondary coach job
Wednesday, March 02, 2011
Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers might be reaching back into their past to hire a secondary coach to replace Ray Horton.

Former safety Carnell Lake, a five-time Pro Bowl selection who played 10 seasons with the Steelers, is at the team's South Side facility today to interview for that position with Coach Mike Tomlin.

Lake is one of the team's all-time best safeties, recording 16 interceptions, 17 fumble recoveries and 25 sacks from 1989 to 1998. He also had five defensive touchdowns.

Lake was a secondary coach at his alma mater, UCLA, in 2009, but resigned after one season because of family reasons.

Horton left after the Super Bowl to become defensive coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals.

Finally. I hope this works out.

So let me get this straight. Three of the most highly paid players in the NFL would be the lead plaintiffs in an anti-trust lawsuit? LMAO

Wow, the irony couldn't get richer than that, could it?

Yeah, I read about that ruling and was going to post about it yesterday, but I forgot. In a battle between billionaires who sit in boxes and do nothing and millionaires who perform on the field and are the reason that I actually care about the NFL, I'll side with the latter. Here is what I think should be the fallout in the new labor agreement:

No 18 game regular season schedule
Long term health insurance with an emphasis on treatment of mental health problems stemming from concussion related injuries
Rookie wage scale
Unrestricted free agency after 4 years
Equitable revenue sharing between owners and players
No absurd tv contracts vastly favoring the owners

I have a question. Who among us can walk into their company tomorrow, tell the owners to open up their books, and then demand to be paid a certain percentage of what the company makes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the players are employees. The owners are the people that risked their own money when they bought these teams. If the NFL players feel what the owners are offering is not acceptable, then go get another job. That's what the rest of us have to do.

I just love that argument. These players aren't experiencing career-ending injuries. Players are getting phased out every year because they've been a third stringer their whole career. That's what drops the average career length. Not injuries. Am I supposed to be sympathetic that players will lose their job if they're not good enough?

The NFL is asking for an additional $1 billion from the revenue pool PLUS two additional regular season games for which they draw even more revenue. Their argument for the extra $1 billion is that it's necessary to sustain themselves. If this is the case, they should have to prove it. Merely pro-rating players' salaries is not equitable compensation. The owners are the ones that backed out of the collective bargaining agreement, and they're the ones that attempted to formulate a war chest of $4+ billion in tv contracts that they would use to sustain a prolonged lockout.

So this is going pretty much the direction it looked like it would. Unfortunate. Lets see where this goes I guess.